Chapter 10: Friends

"It's good to see you Yuno" said Asta as Yuno and his comrades walked towards him and Noelle. "It seems I've taken the lead again Asta" said Yuno as he smirked, "if you can't even take out a plant I don't think you can be my rival". Asta began to smirk from Yuno's comment, "oh please, you know I was just about to take that oversized weed out in a single shot".

"Yuno, why did you save them?" said the blue haired mage in glasses, "our job is to capture the dungeon and locate the treasure vault. We don't have time to be bothering with the Black Bulls". Asta then turned to look at Yuno, "Hey Yuno, who's the guy in the glasses with the stick up his ass?" asked Asta, "He's one of my seniors" sighed Yuno. "How dare you! My name is Klaus Lunettes and I am a noble! Don't speak as if we are equals!".

Before Asta could reply he saw the orange haired girl walk towards Noelle. "Hello Noelle, It's good to see you" said the female mage as she smiled at Noelle, "the last time we saw each other was at the royal family dinner party last year". Asta then walked over to Noelle, "hey, do you two know each other?" asked Asta as he looked over at Noelle. "Y-yeah, this is my cousin Mimosa" said Noelle, 'dang it why did she have to be here too!?'. "I heard the Black Bulls are quite the barbaric group" said Mimosa, "I hope you are doing alright". "I'm doing just fine" replied Noelle, "what about you? Can someone as dimwitted as you survive as a member of the Golden Dawn?". 'Geez that's harsh!' thought Asta as he listened to the cousins interacting. "Yes, everyone is very kind. Thanks to them, I'm able to control my magic without worry" replied Mimosa with an oblivious smile, "Oh right I forgot you can't control your magic Noelle. How has that been going for you?". 'That's even harsher!' thought Asta in shock, 'I wonder how Noelle is takin-! Oh'. Asta looked at Noelle to see her eye slightly twitching and he could have sworn to see a vein popping on her forehead, "It's coming along" said Noelle trying hard to keep calm.

"The three of us were given a star by the Wizard King from a mission we did the other day" said Mimosa. "Oh yeah, well so did we" replied Asta sounding proud as Noelle flipped her pigtail, "You're a liar" replied Klaus. "Newbies from the Black Bulls would not be given a star so easily" said Klaus, "it's outrageous that you were even given this mission to begin with". Asta then got into Klaus's face, "hey! We got put on this mission by the Wizard King himself!" shouted Asta, "Another bold face lie" replied Klaus, "I'm not lying four-eyes!". Klaus then backed away from Asta and readjusted his classes, "come to think of it, I was told there would be three of you on this mission. Don't tell me he gave up and left or got captured" said Klaus. Asta and Noelle both went stiff when Klaus mentioned the whereabouts of Luck, 'We can't tell him he just ran off somewhere' thought the both of them as they began to sweat.

"Just as I thought, they are a group of ne'er-do-wells that abandon their members" said Klaus sounding smug, "the Black Bulls are truly a disgrace of a Magic Knight squad". At this point Asta was pissed, "Alright that's it! Just you wait four-eyes, the Black bulls are gonna be the ones who clear this dungeon! Then you can tell your weird mask wearing captain you lost to the failures of the Magic Knights!" shouted Asta as he pointed towards Klaus. "How dare you insult the great Captain Vangeance!If anything your captain is the weird one! What's with all those muscles and why the tank top!?" said Klaus, "what the heck is wrong with muscles!?" replied Asta. "Fine then, We will prove to you the difference between the top magic squad and you!" shouted Klaus before turning to Mimosa, "Mimosa!". "Sure!" said Mimosa as she opened her grimoire, Mimosa then used her Plant Creation Magic: Magic Flower Guidepost to create a projection to the entire dungeon. "Yuno!" said Klaus as he turned to Yuno, "Sure" replied Yuno as he Wind Creation Magic: Celestial Wind Ark to create a mini tornado to carry the three Golden Dawn members. 'As expected of my rival' thought Asta as he watched Yuno take his squadmates away.