Chapter 17: Another Rival

Asta stood over the top of the defeated corpse known as Jimmy and was staring down the mage who caused the attack on the capitol. "Well? Come on fight me" said Asta, "or are you too much of a coward and have to use your little toys to fight". "Nice try kid but I'm not gonna fall for your provocation" said the mage as he pulled out his grimoire again, "number two, Alfred". A corpse in a straight jacket and no legs appeared and began hovering above everyone and began to release lightning.

"So first you bring out a zombie mummy and now you got a bdsm zombie?" said Asta in a mocking tone, " what's next, a zombie nun?" ."Very funny kid. But you won't be laughing when Alfred turns you to dust!" said the mage as Alfred sent a bolt of lightning at Asta. Asta was able to slice the lighting with his sword before it could hit him. 'That Lightning is fast! If I drop my guard for a second I'm toast!' thought Asta as he gripped his swords tighter. Alfred sent multiple bolts at Asta from all directions. Asta was able to evade all the attacks with a mix of slashes and well timed jumps. Asta charged at Alfred and went for a slice of his sword. Before the slice could land, Alfred flew up to avoid the slash. "Ha! Sorry kid but your anti-magic sword can't do anything against something that flies!" said the mage while laughing. 'Wait, he doesn't know does he?' thought Asta with a smirk. " I mean it normally would be a problem. But you forgot something important" said Asta, "oh yeah, and what's that?" replied the mage in a sarcastic voice. "Liebe do you mind?" asked Asta before Liebe appeared on his shoulder, "it's about time you asked for my help" said Liebe in an annoyed voice. To the shock of the mage, two devil wings appeared on Asta's back.

"I can fly too"

In the blink of an eye, Asta charged at Alfred and landed a heavy kick sending him high into the sky. Asta charged into the sky after Alfred. Alfred sent multiple bolts at Asta as he made his way towards the corpse. Asta docked and rolled in the air and avoided all the bolts before they made contact with him. "You're mine!" shouted Asta as he went for a slash on his sword. Same as before, Alfred was able to move out of the way before the strike landed. "Dammit! All I need is one clear shot with my sword and this guy is done" said Asta in an annoyed tone, "but no matter what I do I can't seem to land a hit with it".

While Asta was trying to come up with a plan to take Alfred down he began to get dizzy and his vision began to get blurry. "Damn if I don't stop the bleeding from these cuts I'm gonna pass out if not worse" said Asta as he held his head trying to steady himself. Liebe then appeared beside Asta, "Asta I have an idea". "Well shoot I'm all ears" said Asta in a curious tone, "hit yourself with your swords" replied Liebe in a nonchalant tone. "Excuse me wha?" said Asta in a confused voice, "you want me to hit myself with my swords? Why the hell would I do that?". "To erase the curses on your wounds idiot" said Liebe as he facepalmed himself , "your Black Cloak may not be able to nullify the curses but your swords can". "Liebe you're a genius!" said Asta, "yeah yeah I know. Now hurry up before you bleed to death" replied Liebe. "Right!", Asta slashed his swords on his two bleeding wounds and instantly the wounds began to stop bleeding. "Well now I won't bleed to death" said Asta before he began to wobble in the air, "still, that doesn't help the fact I lost a lot of blood. I need to find a way to jumpstart myself".

Before Asta could think of any further, Alfred sent a bolt of lighting that Asta barely dodged. Seeing the lighting blitz past him gave Asta an idea, "hey Liebe, I have an idea but you're not gonna like it" said Asta as he looked at Liebe. "Why do i have a feeling like it's gonna hurt?" said Liebe in a sarcastic voice, "because it's gonna hurt" replied Asta, "fantastic". 'Here goes nothing' thought Asta as he charged at Alfred. Alfred in response fire a massive bolt of lightning that hit Asta head on. The attack caused Asta to be sent flying back. Asta was able to recover from the attack with smoke coming off of him. "Whoa that was a rush!' said Asta as he began to shake his head energetically, "I knew the plan would work. Now I feel a lot better!". "That was your idea?! Getting struck by lighting!?" shouted Liebe, "hey it worked didn't it?" replied Asta as he shrugged his shoulders. Liebe began to sigh at his brother's nonchalant reaction to being electrocuted, "whatever, just beat this thing already".