Chapter 59: The Crimson Lion Queen

Asta and Yuno hid behind the wall as they watched the Crimson Lions continue to be yelled at by their new captain. 'Gezz, she makes having Yami as a captain seem like a walk in the park' thought Asta. "Never in Clover Kingdom history has the Crimson Lions placed anywhere lower than second, yet you idiots let us get to fifth!?" shouted Mereoleona as her body was ignited in flame, "to think you all dropped this far just because my idiot younger brother is stuck in bed!". Asta's eyes widened when he heard the word 'brother' come out of her mouth, 'wait brother!? This girl is Captain Fuegoleon's and Leo's older sister!?'. "I swear, Fuegoleon must have been a bigger idiot than I thought! To think he would up and take a nap after raising such utter embarrassments!" shouted Mereoleona, causing anger to begin to grow in not only the Crimson Lions, but Asta as well, "If that moron can't even do that right he wasn't fit to be a Captain!".

That was the last straw for Leo, you can insult him for his failures, but you do not insult his brother!. "That's not true!" shouted Leo as he sat up, "Fuegoleon is a better captain than anyone! I don't care if it's even you, sister, no one is allowed to insult Fuegoleon!". "Well isn't that touching" said Liebe before turning to Asta, "would you ever react like that if someone said something like that to me?". "Nope" replied Asta before looking at his brother with a smirk, "if anything I'd join in".

Before Liebe could respond, Mereoleona punched Leo in the face again. "Then prove it! Do more than talk and prove what you are saying is true!" shouted Mereoleona, "prove to me that this is the greatest squad led by the ultimate captain! The imbecile is too stubborn to just up and die! Until he wakes up I'm gonna whip you idiots into shape!". Asta looked on in awe, 'woah! She's gonna train them!? I wonder what kind of training she put them through!?'.

"Alright, then it's time for us to head out on out hot spring training camp"

'Hot spring!?' thought Asta in shock before turning to Yuno, "you have any idea what a Hot Spring is?". "I think I read about them in a book once" said Yuno as he crossed his arms, "It's said they're natural bodies of water that are warmed by volcanoes, also apparently soaking in them feels good". Asta raises an eyebrow at Yuno's description, "she calls that training? Sounds more like a nice vacation to me".

"I heard that kid"

A lion palm made of pure flame grabbed tightly onto Asta's head, when he turned around he found himself staring down Mereoleona herself as she glared down at him. "If you think it'll be so easy...." she said as she folded her arms "you can come too". 'Me and my big mouth!' thought Asta as he looked up in horror. "I'll see you later Asta" said Yuno as he quickly tried to walk away. However he was only able to get a single step in before he was stopped in place by another flaming paw. "You too", was all Mereoleona had to say to get Yuno to stop in his place, "now then, let's see what the first and second place rookies are made of".

Later

Being in the top three of the Star Ranking is great pride for a Magic Knight Captain, let alone reaching the second place after being dead last. Most Captains have the grace and the humility to not boast about their achievements.

"How does it feel to lose to the worst squad in the kingdom, you losers?!"

However, unlike most Captains.....Yami has neither of those things. The Magic Knight captains were supposed to be having a drink together in the bar to celebrate their cumulative achievements, however, whoever thought it was a good idea to give Yami alcohol right after winning definitely regrets it now ."You made it to the top once, that doesn't get rid of the rest of you bottom ranks!" said Jack as he got up in Yami's face. "Shut the disgusting mouth of yours or I'll do it myself!" said Nozel with a look of pure annoyance. "I'm sorry, what was that?" said Yami as he cupped his hand around his ear, "I can't hear you guys...all the way below me on the leaderboard!". Yami continued to laugh as the Captains he was arguing with stormed out. "Welp guess I'm drinking by myself!" said Yami as he was laughing, "someone's gotta toast to my incredible achievements!"

"You seem quite happy with yourself for finally reaching the top"

Yami looked behind him to see Mereoleona glaring at him, while still holding Asta and Yuno in the air, "oh, hey Sisgoleon". Once Yami noticed his subordinate being held he pointed at him and began laughing, "looks like she caught you in her trap huh kid!". Yami's laughing was cut short when he felt a flaming paw on his head.

"To think you would ditch the ceremony" said Mereoleona as she lifted Yami into the air, "clearly I will need to retrain you". In a corner of the room, Charlotte was still getting over her hangover, 'serves you right, Yami'. Charlotte then also felt a flaming paw on her head.

Noelle then barged into the bar, "there you are Asta! Hurry up and say goodbye to Kahono and Kiato already-!". Noelle cut herself off when she saw Mereoleona standing there, "L-Lady Mereoleona! It's so nice to see you! W-Well then, have a nice night!". Noelle tried to turn around and run away, but just like all the rest she felt a flaming paw land on her head.

"Noelle"

"Yes Ma'am?"

"Your coming too"

"B-But I have nothing to do with this!" said Noelle as she flailed her arms and legs around. "I feel like a grape hanging from a vine" said Asta in an annoyed voice. Noelle then turned to Asta, "do you have any idea where she's taking us?". "She said we're heading to a hot spring" replied Asta. "H-Hot spring?" said Noelle as her face turned red......and her mind went rampant.

"Hey, Noelle. Do you mind washing my back for me?"

'No, stop that Noelle!' thought Noelle as she mentally punched herself, 'you can't have thoughts like that!'. While Noelle was mentally punishing herself for her thoughts.....Asta wasn't any better.

"~Hey, Asta. I'm having trouble taking off my clothes, mind helping me?~"

While Noelle was mentally punching herself....Asta was physically punching himself. 'Stop it brain!!' thought Asta as he punched himself in the face. "Be quiet, all of you! You all will be coming on this training expedition and that's final!" said Mereoleona, causing everyone to be quiet.

Once Mereoleona collected all the members for the training expedition they set off for the hot spring. Many were confused on their way, Mereoleona was known for her overwhelming fighting capabilities and overwhelming tendencies for violence. So when they heard that they were going on a training expedition with the Crimson Lion Queen herself....going to a hot spring was not the place they expected to be visiting.

That is until they arrived at the "Hot Springs"

"Well, she was right about it being hot", said Liebe as he and the rest of the group looked on at the "Hot Springs". When the average person thinks of a hot spring they think of a beautiful mountain view. But apparently to Mereoleona, a hot spring is a strong magic region full of erupting volcanoes. "Alright you idiots!" shouted Mereoleona as she turned and faced the crown of Magic Knight, "let's begin the training camp!"

[Chapter 59 end]

Asta and crew have been forced to begin training by Mereoleona, will they be able to make it out unscathed or will they end up looking like Anakin Skywalker at the end of episode III?