Chapter 51: Hopeless Struggle

"Alright then, I'll show you the difference in our power by beating it into you!", Ladros lunged forward with his fist pulled back, "you're finished!". Asta moved to the side to avoid the punch, causing Ladros to fly right past him. Ladros attempted to attack Asta from behind but completely missed again when Asta dodged again without even looking at him. Ladros went for multiple kicks and punches that all were causally dodged by Asta.

Asta vanished and reappeared behind Ladros, causing him to turn around with a shocked and pissed expression only to see Asta smirking at him. Ladros flew back and moved behind Asta before throwing a ball of fire directly at Asta's back. Only turning around at the last minute, Asta smacked the ball back to its sender. Ladros quickly absorbed the blast before realizing that Asta had disappeared, only to find a boot to the nose. "Me, finished? That's cute", Asta moved his foot back to see a scowling Ladros, who had a bloody nose, "hey, your nose is bleeding. Clean yourself up, you're a disgrace".

"What is that?" said Fanzell in pure shock, "I thought Asta only had access to Black Cloak to increase his power?!". "That's the form Asta used in the Sea Temple!" said Noelle, catching Fanzell's attention, "It's a long story, but Asta used that armor to stop one of the other Fana's comrades". Fanzell began to smile as he looked back to the sky to see Asta smirking at Ladros, 'you've really gotten strong, Asta'

With a swift spin kick, Ladros was sent slamming into the ground. 'No way! There is no way he's stronger than me!' thought Ladros as he wiped the blood from his nose. "Aw, what's the matter Ladros? Got a little boo boo?", Ladros looked up to see Asta smirking while standing on a tree branch, "cause if that's all it takes to make go running home to mommy, this is gonna be more boring than I thought".

Asta became a blur as he dashed forward. Ladros' eyes widened as he felt a cut on cheek appear as a large cloud of dust formed behind him. The dust revealed Asta with his back turned, smirking. "Don't let that power go to your head!" shouted Ladros as he wiped his cheek before charging at Asta. "That's funny coming from you" said Asta as he side-stepped to quick swipes from Ladros before moving back to avoid a kick. Ladros lunged forward to try and land a punch, but his forearm was caught by Asta before he was kicked back.

Ladros jumped into the air before forming a large sphere of magic in his hands, "burn in hell!". Asta then put his hand up and shot a small sphere of Anti-Magic towards the blast, completely nullifying it. 'He erased it!?', in a rage Ladros dashed forward. In response, Asta did as well. Ladros was trying with everything he had to land a hit, but Asta kept dodging or blocking any attack he threw. Asta then landed an elbow to his temple, disorienting him before landing a heavy punch to his stomach that sent him flying through several trees.

"Man..." said Asta before putting his hands on his hips and turning his back to the pile of trees that were covering Ladros, "I'm bored". A scream of anger could be heard from under the pile before it exploded, revealing a panting Ladros. Asta turned his head around to look at Ladros before smirking and turning back around to face Ladros. "Let's see how bored you are after this!", Ladros then caused fires all around them, causing Asta's view of Ladros to be lost due to a large cloud of smoke, "heh, how's this? You can't hit me if you can't see me". "Well, you're half right, I can't see you", Asta then went into the smoke cloud. Grunts of pain from Ladros could be heard before he flew out of the smoke on his back, "h-how!?". "You honestly thought making it so I couldn't see would help you?" said Asta as he walked out of the smoke, "All I needed to do was find you by looking for your ki. It takes more than good eyes and a strong arm to be a real fighter. It's funny, you were the one mocking Zell for relying too much on magic sensing too".

Asta then looked around to see the fire Ladros caused, starting to spread, "now we can't have that now can we?. Asta then pulled out Demon Slayer before doing a complete 360 degree spin, the wind caused by the spin up out all the fires. "There, much better" said Asta as he rested Slayer on his shoulder. Asta then used Demon Slayer as a shield to block an incoming fire attack from Ladros, "well that's not very nice. I just put out the fires and now you're trying to start more?". Asta then put then put his sword away before blitzing in front of Ladros with his arm ready for an uppercut, "lets get some altitude"