Chapter 19: Wounded Beasts

Noelle and Lepold ran to the motionless body of Fuegoleon. While the two ran to Fuegoleon, Asta descended and landed on the ground with a shocked face. 'They beat Captain Fuegoleon?! There is no way' thought Asta as he glared at the spatial mage. "Noelle! Is Captain Fuegoleon alive?" asked Asta as he turned his attention towards the body of Fuegoleon. Noelle looked down to see that Fuegoleons grimoire was still intact. "His grimoire is still here! He's still alive!" shouted Noelle as she ripped off the bottom of her skirt to try and stop the bleeding.

While Noelle was trying to stop the bleeding, Leopold could only look at his brother with a distraught face. 'Fuegoleon..... no.... It can't be' thought Leopold as he began to shake, "my brother wouldn't lose, there's no way. My brother wouldn't...." . Noelle watched as Fuegoleons grimoire began to dissolve, 'crap we don't have much time! We need Mimosa but she could be anywhere in the Capitol right now!'. Noelle turned to the distraught Leo, "Leo quickly! Help me stop the bleeding!", however Leo didn't reply, all he could do was stare at his brother.

"Remember when you were mouthing off at me a minute ago!?", Rades then appeared beside Leopold and sent him flying into a wall. "Leopold!" shouted Noelle as she turned to see Leopold slouched and unconscious on the wall. Rades then began to walk towards Noelle and the near-death fuegoleon as he began to think about what fuegoleon said to him.

you may possess impressive magic and have polished them to their finest, but without spirit they are nothing but violence

"I don't have any spirit huh!?" said Rades as he smugly grinned at Fuegoleon, "it seems like I have enough spirit to not be the one on death's door! Go and yap about spirit in the next world Fuegoleon Vermillion!". "We've completed our objective Rades. Quit your pointless bragging" said the spatial mage as he created a portal under Rades, "we need to leave before the other Magic Knights arrive and make our escape more difficult". "Fine" said Rades before he turned to face Asta who was glaring daggers at him, "your name was Asta right!? Next time we meet I'm gonna kill you and turn you into one of my toys! Look forward to it, you damn punk!". "There isn't gonna be a next time!" shouted Asta, "I'm gonna take you down right now!". Asta then swiped his hand to the right and instantly a sword flew out of his grimoire and destroyed the spatial magic that was about to teleport Rades away. "What?" said the spatial mage in shock as the portal disappeared. Asta then dashed in front of Rades and slashed his cheek.

"AGH! You damn trash! The hell do you think you're doing!" shouted Rades as he held his cheek as blood started to trickle out of the cut. "This is not good" said the Spatial mage as he attempted to make another portal. "You seriously think you have the right to complain about a cut like that..." said Asta before he slammed his sword on the ground dispersing the second portal, "after all the pain you caused today!?". Asta then hit Rades with a heavy punch to the gut causing Rades to cough up spit. "This... is pain! You inflicted it on so many people with a smile on your face!" said Asta as he landed another punch to the other side of Rades's face. "Now... how do you like it!" shouted Asta as he kicked Rades into a wall causing a dent in the wall.

Asta then walked up to Rades, "what's wrong? Can't fight back without your toys?" said Asta as he glared down at Rades. "Stop" said Rades causing Asta to raise his eyebrow in confusion, getting hurt and bleeding is a sign of being weak! The weak should let the strong beat them around! Especially some brat with no magic like you!". Rades then prepared another blast or magic and trusted his hand forward in an attempt to hit Asta. Asta then coated his hand in anti-magic and caught the blast with his hand. "Is that so..." said Asta before he crushed the attack with his hand before pulling Rades up with his other hand, "then I'll just have to make sure that doesn't happen". "You talk big... but you can't even beat a kid who doesn't have any magic....what does that say about you" said Asta as he glared at Rades.