Chapter 12: Berserk

Noelle woke up to find herself on the ground with her cousin beside her using healing magic. "Mimosa?" said Noelle struggling to speak, "Noelle! You're ok!" replied Mimosa in relief. "What happened?" asked Noelle as she tried to sit up, "Noelle you can't move yet! You were hit pretty hard by that Diamond Kingdom mage, you're lucky to be alive" said Mimosa as she eased her cousin back to the ground. Once Noelle was back on the ground she looked to her left in shock. She saw Asta standing in a hole in the wall looking more like a devil than a human, "Asta?" said Noelle in shock.

"What the hell is that form?" said Mars as he stared at the unusually quiet Asta, "I'll ask again, just who and what are you?". Asta didn't give a response, Asta opened his right hand and as if on command the sword that was in the hidden room flew into his hand. Once Asta caught the sword he did a slash that caused so much wind everyone had to cover their eyes with their arms. Asta then began to roar like earlier, releasing an incredible amount of anti-magic. "It seems like you're nothing but a rabid dog now. I'll put you down myself" said Mars as he created one of his massive swords. Asta then opened his mouth wide and a sphere of anti-magic began to form inside his mouth. With another roar the sphere became a massive beam of anti-magic that destroyed not only the sword Mars created but every wall it hit until it was out of view. 'Impossible! I thought his only weapon was his swords! Since when could he create ranged attacks that nullify magic!' thought Mars in shock. Before Mars could think about it more his face was grabbed by Asta who threw him out of the treasure room. "Asta!" shouted Noelle trying to get Asta's attention. However it seemed like Asta didn't hear her, however to Noelles shock on the right side of Asta's face a single tear could be seen falling down.

'No this can't be possible!' thought Mars as he struggled to get up, 'the difference in our strength can't be this large!'. Mars then looked up to see Asta falling towards him with the blade of his sword pointed down at Mar's head. In the nick of time Mars was able to roll away from the attack. 'No, I can win this' thought Mars as he began to calm down, 'As long as I keep my recovery magic active he can't deal a finishing blow'. Mars then looked to see the dust created by Asta's to clear showing Asta on wall fours growling like a rabid animal. 'It also appears all of his rational thought is gone as well. He's relying purely on instinct now' thought Mars, 'I simply have to out smart him'. Mars then stood up and faced the growling Asta, "bring it on you filthy beast!" shouted Mars as he created multiple smaller swords and two massive swords. Asta only gave another roar before the two charged at each other again.

"W-what the hell is going on?" said Noelle in shock of what she was watching, "is that really Asta?". Noelle then looked to the hole at Asta came out of to see Liebe flying out of it. "Liebe what's going on!?" shouted Noelle, "what the hell happened to Asta!?". Liebe then flew over to Noelle and Mimosa, "Asta's lost control over his anti-magic! Not just his but mine as well!" said Liebe in a worried voice. "How did he lose control?" asked Noelle, "I don't know, he's never lost control of it before" replied Liebe confused. Liebe then looked down at Noelle's torn shirt in shock, "Mimosa, was Noelle hurt just above the stomach?" asked Liebe as he turned to face Mimosa, "U-uh y-yes she was, why do you ask?" replied Mimosa confused. 'That's it!' thought Liebe before he turned to face Asta and begin to shout, "Asta! You need to calm down! Noelle is alive! This isn't like with Mom!". 'With Mom? What is he talking about?' thought Noelle as she looked at Liebe confused. "Damn this is bad" said Liebe which caused Noelle to look concerned. "What is it?" asked Noelle, which caused Liebe to turn to her, "Asta's body won't be able to hold out for long" replied Liebe. "Wait what!? What do you mean!?" said Noelle, "Whenever Asta uses my power it put's a massive strain on his body. That's why he only uses my power in short bursts for anything other than his wings. Not to mention the condition he was in before he transformed, I don't know if his body will hold out" replied Liebe. "If it's your power take it back from him!" said Noelle, "I can't! I didn't give it to him, he took it by force!" replied Liebe. Noelle and Liebe's attention was then drawn to Asta who was on his hands and knees while the anti-magic that was covering him began to dissipate. "Yes! He reached his limit! Hopefully he should turn back to normal now" said Liebe causing both him and Noelle to smile in relief. However to their shock they heard Asta roar and cause the dissipating anti-magic to return back to his body. "No that idiot!" said Liebe, "he's somehow forcing the anti-magic to stay in his body! If this keeps up not only his body will give out, he's gonna die!". Hearing that caused Noelle to give Liebe a look of fear before looking back at Asta, 'Asta's gonna die!?' thought Noelle in fear.