Chapter 9: The Dungeon

"Asta help me!", hearing the sound of his brother screaming for help caused Asta to jump out of his bed and follow the sounds of his brother. "Liebe!" shouted Asta as the screaming continued, 'it's coming from the living area!' thought Asta as he got closer. "Liebe I'm here where are you?" shouted Asta as he entered the living room. To Asta's confusion Liebe was nowhere to be seen, the only people in the living room were Noelle and Vanessa who were turned away from him and huddled together. "Hey guys have you seen Liebe?" said Asta as he walked towards his teammates, "I heard him screaming from in here". "I'm here you idiot!" shouted Liebe, Asta was then able to tell that Liebe was being blocked by Vanessa and Noelle. "And...done" said Vanessa as she whipped sweat off her forehead, "I thought it would be easy since it was so small but... I guess not". "Alright what's going on-!" said Asta in shock as Liebe floated over the two female mages to face Asta, much to Asta's shock Liebe was wearing a tiny Black Bull themed bib. "Look what they did to me!" shouted Liebe as he gestured to himself, "Asta do something!". In response to seeing Liebe in a bib Asta could only do one thing, laugh uncontrollably. "That is the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life!" laughed Asta as he held his stomach in his left while pointing at Liebe with his right, "you look like a little baby!". "Shut it Asta! This isn't funny!" shouted Liebe, "you're right, it's hilarious!" replied Asta as he continued laughing. "Who's idea was this!?" said Asta as he turned to face Noelle and Vanessa, "this was all Noelle's idea" replied Vanessa as she gestured to Noelle. "I just thought he deserved one since he's an honorary member" said Noelle as she looked away, 'not to mention it looks adorable on him'.

"Noelle this is the greatest thing ever!" said Asta, "I could kiss you right now!". "Wait wha-" said Noelle as her face turned pure red, "w-wait no! I-I mean I-!" stuttered Asta whose face was also turning red. "Dang bro, talk about bold" said Liebe in a mocking voice as he floated towards Asta. "Hear the Noelle?" said Vanessa as she leaned over to Noelle, "Asta wants to kiss you".

Before Liebe and Vanessa could taunt Asta and Noelle more the anti-magic bird began to peck at Asta's head. "Ah this damn bird!" shouted Asta as he held his head, "why does it hate me!?". "Hey I just realized something" said Vanessa, catching Asta, Liebe and Noelle's attention, "we haven't given it a name". "Oh yeah you're right" said Asta as he looked at the bird, "how about... birdy boy?". In response the bird pecked Asta's head, "Ow ok, that's a no!". Noelle then walked up to Asta and looked at the bird, "It deserves something royal sounding, how about...Silvantus Schnauzer" said Noelle sounding proud at her name choice. Much to the disappointment of Noelle the bird pecked at Asta's head signaling the answer was no. "How about Nero?" said Liebe causing Asta and Noelle to look at him, "Seriously? That just means black though" replied Asta. The bird then raises its wing signaling that it agrees with the name. "Seriously?" said Asta as he looked up at the bird, "fine, Nero it is".

After agreeing on the name Yami walks into the living area followed by Luck and Finral. "Hey kid, Noelle come here" said Yami, attracting the attention of the three mages. "What's up captain?" said Asta as he and Noelle walked up to Yami. "I've got a mission for you. A dungeon has appeared on the border of the Clover Kingdom and the Diamond Kingdom." said Yami as he took a puff of his cigarette, "not to mention the Wizard King has specifically asked for the two of you to enter it". "Whoa really!? The Wizard King asked for us!?" said Asta in shock, 'the Wizard King asked for me, I won't let him down!'. "Since it's on the border of the Diamond Kingdom you will need to collect the treasures from inside quickly before any Diamond Kingdom mages get to it first" said Yami, "Why, does the dungeon have really dangerous stuff inside?" replied Asta. "There are stories of people finding magic that could change civilizations in dungeons" said Yami, "and some people were able to learn the ultimate magic hidden inside". Hearing this caused Liebe to appear beside Asta excited, "Asta you may be able to find more swords in there!" said Liebe. "You're right!" said Asta with stars in his eyes, "I can't wait! When are we going Captain!?". "You're going right now" said Yami before turning to Luck, "Luck go with them, make sure to keep the newbies safe". "Really? Alright then!" said Luck in a tone that caused Noelle to feel slightly uneasy. "Finral, get them as close as possible to the dungeon" said Yami as he turned to Finral. "Yes sir" said Finral as he made a portal and Asta, Noelle and Luck walked through.

"You think they'll be ok?" said Vanessa sounding slightly concerned, "they'll be fine" replied Yami. "Dangerous missions are a great way for newbies to surpass their limits" said Yami as he sat down and began reading a newspaper. "Besides Luck is with them, that guy's ability to detect mana is better than most nobles, if it wasn't for his personality all the squads would have wanted him" said Yami, "not to mention the kid is no pushover either".

With Asta, Noelle and Luck, after four to five minutes of walking they were able to find the entrance to the dungeon. "I guess this is it" said Asta as the three looked down a tunnel that didn't seem to end. "Yup let's go!" said Luck as he started to walk into the tunnel. "I guess we should go after him" said Asta as he pulled out a lantern as he and Noelle started to follow luck.

As the three were walking through the tunnel Noelle began to cling to Asta's arm, "uh Noelle, could you please let go of my arm" said Asta as he looked at Noelle. "I can't help it" said Noelle, sounding slightly annoyed, "I can't see anything". "If you can't see why don't you hold the lantern then?" said Asta, "I'm royalty I don't hold lanterns" replied Noelle. "Yeah, yeah" said Asta before pulling out his arm and grabbing Noelle's hand, "there now my arms free and you won't lose us". Lucky for the both of them, the darkness in the room hid the redness on their faces.

"Hey I think this is it" said Luck as he pushed a wall causing it to fall revealing a massive room full of streams and pathways. "Woah what's up with this place?" said Asta in awe, "it looks like the space in here got warped by magic" replied Luck. "You feel the mana in here Noelle?" asked Luck as he turned to Noelle, "I've never felt so much mana" replied Noelle. "Really?" asked Asta, "can you not feel the mana in here?" replied Noelle, "uh no... zero magic remember".

While walking Asta stepped on a floor tile that caused a magic circle to appear. From the magic circle a wave of stone attempted to hit Asta. "Trap magic!?" said Noelle in shock as the stones almost hit Asta. In response Asta pulled out his first sword and destroyed the magic, "whew that was a close one" said Asta. "Hey Asta look at that!" said Luck as he pushed Asta onto another trap spell, and just like before Asta destroyed the magic. "Are you trying to kill me Luck!?" shouted Asta, "so cool" replied Luck as he began activating more traps. After two whole minutes of Luck activating traps and Asta destroying them Luck finally stopped, "haha this is fun" said Luck while laughing. 'This guy is gonna get us killed!' thought Asta and Noelle as they began to sweat. "Alright, now to get looking" said Luck as he began to sense for strong mana, 'I knew it! There are others in here, and the strongest one is...' thought Luck after finding multiple powerful mana signatures. Luck then used his Lightning Creation Magic: Holy Lighting Boots to jump away while saying "Sorry something just came up, you guys explore the dungeon!".

'Did he just leave us!?' thought Noelle in shock as Asta began to walk ahead. "Well nothing we can do about it now. Come on let's find some treasure!" said Asta as he began to explore the dungeon, "wait for me!" replied Noelle as she caught up to Asta. However before they could get far Noelle was captured by vines from a massive carnivorous plant. "Noelle!" shouted Asta as she was pulled up into the air. "Asta help me out of here!" shouted Noelle as she tried to get out of the vines to no avail. Asta in response activated Black Cloak, "put her down!" shouted Asta as he activated his devil wings. Asta then pulled out his first sword and flew into the air and destroyed the vines holding Noelle. Asta then caught Noelle before she could fall and brought her to the ground. Asta then turned to face the massive plant, however before he could attack the plant was destroyed by multiple blades of air. 'Such precise and powerful magic who did that?' thought Noelle in shock. While Noelle was in shock all Asta could do was smirk 'I should have known he would show up' thought Asta as he turned to the direction of where the magic originated from.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell them.." said Yami as he was reading the newspaper, "The Golden Dawn is sending a few of their newbies into the dungeon too". "Wait, The Golden Dawn!?" said Magna in shock, "they're sending people too!?". "Heh I wonder if they'll be able to get along" said Yami with a slight chuckle.

While Asta was looking at the tunnel he could see three figures walking out of it. One was a girl around the same age as him and Noelle with long orange hair, the second was a male with short blue hair and glasses. 'Heh I knew it' thought Asta as he looked at the person in the front of the group. "It's been a while, Asta" said Yuno as he walked out of the tunnel and looked down at Asta. "Yeah it has, Yuno" replied Asta as he looked up at Yuno.

[Chapter 9 end]

We're in the dungeon! I have plans for this arc so expect it to be better than Saussy Village.

However again I'm sorry but I'm gonna be busy again this week so most likely don't expect a chapter till after Christmas