Chapter 21: A Promise

After the attack of capital ended, Julius made a public statement to the entire Clover Kingdom. He declared that the attackers were Anti-Clover terrorists. He also declared that he and the magic Knights would continue to oppose the terrorist that threatened the security of the Kingdom. The king's supporters pressed Julius for responsibility for the damage caused to the capital. The overwhelming support Julius had from the people was able to cause the expectations of the Magic Knights to grow among the populous.

However there was a fact Julius was hiding from not only the people, but from all but a select few Magic Knights. The chance for the Eye of the Midnight Sun to attack was caused by the sudden disappearance of multiple of the mages who maintained the magic barrier over the capital. All the evidence pointed to only one possible answer, and it was one Julius didn't want to believe...

There is a traitor within Magic Knights

"Geez! It's about time they let me out of there!" sighed Asta as he was walking down a street in the capital with Noelle and....Charmy!?. "Can you really blame them Asta?" asked Noelle as she raised her eyebrow at Asta, "you did lose a lot of blood and kept fighting". "I kept telling you and the doctors I was fine" as he put both of his arms behind his head. "I just think he needs something to eat!" said Charmy as she gave Asta a cupcake. "Thanks Charmy!" said Asta as he took the cupcake from Charmy. Liebe then suddenly appeared on Asta's shoulder with an excited look on his face, "Asta let me have a piece of that!". "Fine, fine, here you freaking vulture" replied Asta as he gave Liebe a decent sized piece of the cupcake. "That reminds me" said Noelle as she looks over at Charmy, "what are you doing here in the capital?". "I came here to eat all the yummy food of course!" said Charmy with stars in her eyes. 'why am I not surprised...' thought Asta, Noelle and Liebe as the look at Charmy with deadpan stares. "But, I found something even better" said Charmy with a dorky grin on her face, "I found my meal saving prince!". "You found your...wha?" said Asta with a confused look on his face.

After turning away from Charmy he noticed that across the river that the three were in front of, Yuno,Mimosa and Klaus were walking down the river on a high road."Hey, isn't that...?" said Asta before he began to wave, "Hey! Yuno,Mimosa,Klaus! Down here!". "It's Asta and company" said Kluas as he pushed up his glasses. "I see you've fully recovered Asta" shouted Klaus from across the river, "yeah I'm back to one hundred precent!" replied Asta. Asta then turned to Yuno and began to smirk, "I heard you took out one of enemies all by yourself Yuno. But I don't mean to brag but I fought 5 all by myself!". "It's my meal saving prince!" said Charmy with an excited face. "Wait... Yuno is your meal saving prince!?" said Asta before he began to laugh, "guess I was wrong Yuno, you beat on of the enemies and saved Charmy's food!". Yuno didn't give a verbal reply to Asta, his form of replying was to pull out his grimoire and send a massive eagle made of wind at the group. 'Wait what!' thought Asta in shock as he watched the massive eagle get closer to him. Asta then pulled out one of his swords and quickly cut the eagle in half.

"Maybe I overdid it" said Yuno with his deadpan look, "you think!?" shouted Klaus as he and Mimosa looked at Yuno with their mouths wide open in shock. "Geez, I expected a witty comeback, not an assassination attempt!" said Asta as he fell down in shock along with Noelle. Asta then noticed the rementants of the wind began to form a sentence, "what the?".

See you later stupidsta

" Did you seriously shoot that at me to show me some magic letters!?.And who the hell are you calling Stupidsta!?" shouted Asta before looking right to see both Liebe and Noelle trying to hide their laughter, "hey stop laughing!". "Sorry Asta, but I'm keeping that nickname" said Noelle as she covered her mouth in an attempt to stop laughing. "Like hell you are!" said Asta before he noticed Yuno beginning to walk away, "hey you can't pull something like that and walk away!".