Chapter 29: The Third Eye

"Gauche! Welcome back you glory stealing son of a bitch!" said Yami as he started to pat Gauche on the shoulder hard. "The only reason I'm here is because you picked me up that day" said Gauche as he turned to Yami, "It's all thanks to you". "In that case I guess the credit goes to me then!" said Yami as he started to laugh. "How does that make sense!? You're the one who was ready to just stand there and die!" shouted Asta as he pointed at Yami. "The hell did you say?" said Yami as he grabbed Asta by the head and lifted him into the air, "don't forget I'm the one who saved your sorry ass in the first place. Don't get cocky because you survived a fight with Mr.Shiney over there". "Now, now! Everyone did their best!" said Finral as he walked over to the group. "Oh yeah? What'd you do?" said the three as they all turned to Finral with a deadpan face. "And when did you even get here?" added on Asta as he raised his eyebrow. "How did you think Gauche got here!? And if it wasn't for me you two would have been toast!" shouted Finral.

The group stopped bickering and walked over to the defeated Licht as he laid on the ground unable to move. "It looks like I'm not your only natural counter. Looks like your own super strong magic was what did you in" said Yami as he took a puff of his cigarette. Licht Ignored Yami and turned to Gauche with a smile, "I couldn't risk...hurting you". "Huh? The hell are you talking about?" asked Gauche in a confused voice. "Damn you know this guy? Man that sucks" said Yami as he turned to Gauche. "I've never seen this guy till today. I'd never hang out with a scum like this" replied Gauche. 'You're one to talk' thought Asta and Finral upon hearing Gauche insulting Licht. "You'll...understand....someday" said Licht as Yami started to get closer to him. "I don't get it at all, but that doesn't matter right now. We're gonna bring you back to the Magic Knights headquarters and wring out every last drop of information you have about your little organization. Now the hotblooded king of righteousness will be able to rest in peace" said Yami as he pulled out his grimoire. "Captain Fuegoleon isn't dead yet sir!" shouted Asta from behind Yami.

"Let's see, I know I have a binding spell here somewhere" said Yami as he flipped through his grimoire. Suddenly the group felt multiple large signatures of magic power. The group turned to the source to find three figures standing on a large rock with a spatial magic portal that looked exactly like Valtos's is sparring above them. "Spatial Magic!? But that guy is still out-cold!" said Asta as he turned to check on Valtos's condition so see Valtos' is still unconscious slouched on a rock.

"Wow, stuff got pretty real in here. I think everything is too much work but, even I..." said a man with black and white hair while yawning. In a flash the man appeared in front of Yami before anyone could react, "..have to save my buds". "Huh! Pretty weird pattern. Not like it matters though" said the man as he put his palm on the cover of Yami's grimoire. 'Damn, I got careless, this guy moves at light-speed too!?' thought Yami as he used a Lightless Slash to cause the man to jump away. The slash caused a cut to form on the man's shoulder, but he used the same spell as Licht to heal the wound. "Oh come on! He heals too!?" shouted Asta in annoyance.

"You came...I'm sorry my power wasn't able to beat them alone" said Licht as a girl with pink hair and a gem embedded in her forehead covered Licht in a flame recovery spell, "but with you here, I have nothing to fear". "Who the hell are these guys!?" said Asta as he stared in shock at the new enemies in front of him. "These are the strongest members of the Eye of the Midnight Sun. In terms of combat they surpass even me. They... are the Third Eye!" said Licht as the Third Eye stood in front of Licht. "They surpass him!?" said Finral in shock, "he has to be bluffing!". The man with black hair in response yawned, "bluffs are a pain. How about we prove to you it isn't a bluff". To the shock of all the Magic Knights present, the man then summoned a sword that was covered in dark magic like Yami's. "Your Kingdom uses the clover as it's symbol. It's leaves stand for faith, hope and love, all words that don't suit you. I have given them names that counter those meanings" said Licht causing the Third Eye to attack the Magic Knights.