Chapter 54: Guess Who's Back

The Black Bulls stood in the throne room of the Queen of Witches, after being healed of the wounds done by the invading forces. 'She healed us all in an instant' thought Finral as a bead of sweat ran down his forehead, 'the Queen of Witches is unbelievable'.

The Queen then pulled the gem that was attached to her earring and tossed it to Asta, "I believe this is the magic stone you were looking for. I have no use for it, so you may have it". "What the!? A magic stone!?" said Asta as the gem fell into his hand, "man, Captain Yami might actually compliment us for this!". "Hey, quick question" said Asta as he looked up at the Queen, "you have any idea on why the Eye of the Midnight Sun is after these stones? Or who they are in general?".

"That stone's goal is to amplify the power of its wielder" said the Queen as she pointed at the stone, "however, the only ones to ever master wielding their were members of the Elf tribe". "Woah, did you say Elves?" said Asta. "Yes, their origins are unclear. But they were a race that possessed incredible power and lived in what is now the forsaken realm several centuries ago" responded the Witch Queen. 'Hold on, centuries!?' thought Finral, 'how old is this chick!? Her skin is way too smooth to be that old!'. "All Elves were born with an incredibly high amount of mana, many of them even rivaled my own" said the Queen, shocking the magic knights present, "however, humans outnumbered them, so when they went to war...they were annihilated". Hearing that caused memories of Asta's encounters with Licht and the Third Eye to flash in his head.

"The true victims are the strong. The targets of fear, jealousy, discrimination, persecution and theft"

"You humans are doomed to fall at the hands of those you yourselves tried to doom!"

"Our hatred won't disappear!"

"Wait, are you trying to say the Eye of the Midnight Sun are..." said Asta before he was cut off by the Witch Queen. "It is possible they are descents of the Elf tribe" said the Witch Queen, "the third eye that appeared on that girl, Fana, was forbidden Magic. Normal humans are unable to dabble in forbidden magic due to the massive magic cost required to activate...along with a sacrifice". 'Get to writing Finral!' thought Finral as he began writing notes on a piece of paper, 'we're getting some juicy lore here!'. "The ancient demon slain by the first Wizard King was also forbidden magic, activated by the Elf Tribes leader" said the Witch Queen before pointing at Asta, " also, Asta, the two special anti-magic blades to bear". "Special?" said Asta before pulling out the Demon Slayer and Demon Dweller swords, "you mean these two?". "Correct" responded the Witch Queen, "before you...."

"They were wielded by same Elf Leader"

Asta then dropped both swords to the ground with an emotionless stare. "I'm sorry what!?" shouted Asta, "god, no wonder why they hate me so much! They probably think I went grave robbing and stole that guys' swords! How the hell did the big one end up in my grimoire!? Gah!! I'm so confused!". "Those answers should be answered if you continue battling them" responded the Witch Queen. "Careful Asta, you might get a brain aneurysm" said Liebe as he patted his brother on the shoulder, "your brain isn't built for thinking this much"

Later

"So, you guys are really going back to the Diamond Kingdom?" said Asta as he and the Black Bulls plus Fanzells group and Fana stood in front of Mars and a de-rasined Ladros. "Yes, the Witch Queen placed the effects of her puppets blood in this bottle, I'll pass it off as a longevity potion" said Mars as he clenched tightly on the bottle," and then I'll control the king, and turn the Diamond Kingdom into a peaceful nation!". "I'll help Mars out" said Ladros as he shrugged his shoulders, "helping him seems like it's the easiest way to the top".