Chapter 56: Fun at the Festival

The group containing Asta and Noelle along with the Sea siblings began to walk through the festival. Asta and Kiato were in front of the two girls while they were a few steps behind. "Man, it feels weird to be walking on my real feet" said Kiato as he looked down," I never thought I'd see the day. Seriously Asta, thank you". "You'd better be" said Asta with a smirk, "you have no idea the things I had to do to get that spell". "Oh yeah?" replied Kiato with a mirroring smirk, "like a massive battle royal on the bottom of the ocean?". "More like having to fight two armies of evil mages at once" said Asta as he crossed his arms. "And don't forget having to fight a dragon, the dude who ate the dragon and Vanessa's psycho Mom" said Liebe and he floated beside Asta. The brothers looked over at Kiato who looked like he ate a whole lemon," you win".

Noelle looked over at Asta as he and Liebe were laughing at their success and high-fived each other. "Something on your mind Noelle?" said Kahono as she leaned into Noelle's view. "It's Asta" said Noelle as she sighed, "he said something to me in the forest and I haven't been able to get it off my mind since". "What did he say?" Kahono asked. "He said he...", Noelle began to fidget with her finger, " he... loved me..."

The high pitch squeal Kahono released in response could have shattered every window in the capital if Noelle hadn't quickly covered her mouth. Said squeal caused both boys' heads to whip around in the direction of the two girls. "You two ok?" said Asta with a raised eyebrow. "Yup everything's fine!" said Noelle, with an overly dramatic smile on her face, "right Kahono?". Kahono shaking her head yes was enough for the two boys and they went back to their conversation.

"Could you keep it down!?" said Noelle in a harsh whisper. "I'm sorry! But how do you expect me to react when you drop a bomb like that on me" replied Kahono with the same whisper, "but wait, I'm confused. I thought you'd be happy about him saying that". "It's what happened after him saying it. Let's just say the events that lead up to it were complicated and don't get me started on what happened after. And since then he hasn't even mentioned it" said Noelle as she began to look down at the ground, "what if he forgot he said it, or even worse he regrets it" . "Are you kidding!? That boy is smitten for you!" said Kahono as she put her arm around Noelle, "and I'm gonna prove it, Operation: Make Asta Confess His Love...Again is a go!". "And how do you plan to do that?" said Noelle as she raised her eyebrow. "Oh...I have some ideas" said Kahono with a smirk as she wrapped her arm around Noelle's shoulder.

Asta and Kiato turned their heads around to find Kahono whispering into Noelle's ear. "Do you have any idea what they're talking about?" asked Asta as they turned back to each other. "First thing I learned when it came to being the older brother of a little sister is this: if she's talking with a friend....stay out of it, especially during girl talk" said Kiato with a shudder.

"Hey, boys!", the voice of Kahono snapped the two boys to turn around and face their female counterparts, "I think it's time we stop walking around and have some fun". Both boys looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders. "What did you have in mind?" asked Asta with a raised eyebrow. "We're gonna go in there!" said Kahono as she pointed to her right. When the three teens looked in the direction Kahono was pointing, Asta had a look of excitement, Kiato looked worried and Noelle...she went pale.

'Why did it have to be a haunted house!?' screamed Noelle in her mind as she and Asta walked down a creepy hallway. Asta was walking down the hallway without a care in the world while Noelle was clearly very jumpy. "I'm guessing you're not a big fan of haunted houses?" said Asta as he looked towards Noelle. "What are you talking about!?" replied Noelle as she went into her royal persona, "I'm a magic knight and more than that I'm royalty, a simple haunted house could never scare me!". Noelle looked to her left to see a spider hanging on a thread a few inches in front of her. In response, Noelle released a loud scream of fear before jumping and latching onto Asta, "get me away from that eight legged monster!".