Chapter 34: Happy Memories

Asta was on his hands and knees gasping for air at the edge of the water after being saved from drowning, "why did none of you help me sooner!?". "In our defense, we didn't know you couldn't swim" replied Magna. "I mean seriously, you can punch a boulder in half but you can't swim?" added Vanessa. "Can't swim is an understatement" said Liebe as he floated over to Asta, "I remember one time Mom put him in waist height water and he flailed around like a psychopath!". Asta's face got beet red as everyone began to either quietly chuckle...or in Magna, Liebe and Yami's case....burst out laughing. Asta then looked to his left to see Noelle failing to hide her own laugh, "oh come on! Not you too Noelle!". "S-sorry Asta, y-you're right it isn't funny" said Noelle as she tried to hold down her laughter. "You're right, it's hilarious!" said Magna as he had to put his hands on his knees to support himself. "Can we please stop laughing at me and focus on what Yami came here for!" shouted Asta as he stood up. "Yeah, kids right we have work to do" said Yami as he calmed down.

"Alright listen up, while you idiots were beating each other up I was able to get some info" said Yami as he got everyone's attention, "apparently the Underwater Temple really is at the bottom of the ocean. The problem is the mana around it causes currents so strong that not even first-class mages can't get into it easily. Luckily for us the currents weaken during a full moon meaning we might be able to get in". 'Holy crap! Captain Yami is actually doing his job!' thought Asta, Finral, Charmy, Magna and Liebe. "Considering it's underwater, we can't just walk into it...which means...", Yami then turned to Noelle, "you'll be taking us down with your water magic. "Wait what!? I'd have to do that with Sea Dragon's Lair and the magic control I'd need for that would be incredible!" said Noelle in protest, "you'll have to ask someone else. I mean if it fails we-". "We'll be swept up into the currents and die" said Yami, bluntly finishing Noelle's sentence, "this is a top secret mission for the Black Bulls only, there isn't anyone else. The next full moon is a week away, surpass your limits by then!"

The Night of the Full Moon

Noelle was standing alone at the beach trying her hardest to develop her Sea Dragon's Lair in a way to transport herself and the rest of her squad to the Sea Temple. But no matter how hard she tried, she wasn't able to get her magic under control. Even then she refused to make excuses and kept trying and trying until she got it right.

"You're still training?", Noelle looked behind her to see Asta walking over to her, "when Vanessa told me you weren't in your room I had a feeling you would be out here". "Let me guess, 'it's late. You should take a break' right?" said Noelle as she crossed her arms. "A normal person would say that" said Asta as he started to smirk, "but I think we both know I'm anything but normal. Here let me help you train".

Before the two could start, they both started to hear singing. Both turned to see a girl with red hair singing on a rock. "Wow, she's really good" said Asta, causing Noelle to nod in agreement. The girl then stopped singing and noticed the two staring, who then put her hands on both of her cheeks and squealed with excitement, "oh my gosh I'm so embarrassed!". 'No what I was expecting!' thought Asta and Noelle as the girl jumped down from the rocks. "Well since you heard it there's no helping it! Let's use this chance to be friends!" said the girl as she skipped over to the two, "I'm Kahono, what are your names!?". "I'm Noelle and he's Asta" said Noelle as she pointed to herself and Asta, "anyway, what are you doing out here?". "Special Voice training! I have a dream I want to fulfill!" said Kahono, "I want to become a singing, dancing and magic using idol!". Noelle and Asta looked at each other then back at Kahono before saying at the same time, "what's an idol?". "What!? You seriously don't know!?" shouted Kahono in shock, "They are all the rage in the common realm and even part of the noble realm! I'm gonna make it as an idol and make loads of money!". 'So it's all about the money' thought Asta and Noelle as they stared at Kahono with a deadpan expression.