Chapter 2: Eight years later

Eight years have passed since Licita sacrificed herself to save Liebe and Asta from Lucifero. For those eight years Asta has trained non-stop in order to achieve his goal of becoming the Wizard king and defeating Lucifero.For eight straight years Asta has had to hunt for his own food in order to survive and take the odd job in Hage village in order to keep himself dressed. As a result Asta now stands at five foot and five inches, he now wears a black bandana, a white shirt that reveals his arms, along with black pants and a pair of brown boots that reach up to his knees, he finally wears a pouch to hold the grimoire that Liebe is sealed in. His height and clothing wasn't the only thing to change in the last eight years. Asta's training has caused him to be in incredible physical shape, along with his physical strength Asta with the help of Liebe has begun to understand how to effectively use his anti-magic. Asta is now able to reinforce his body with his anti-magic to further increase his physical attributes and increase his resistance to magic based attacks. However Asta has not been able to use more advanced abilities with his anti-magic since he's been too young to obtain a grimoire.Until today, today is the day when every person who is fifteen years old obtains their grimoire.

Currently Asta is standing on the branch of a large large tree looking over the forest. "Today is the day Asta, are you excited?" Liebe asked, "yeah once I get my grimoire my anti-magic will be even stronger, and once I get my grimoire I can join the magic knights!" Asta replied while smiling looking out at the forest "Speaking of which, I think it's time for the ceremony to start. Better get going". Before Asta could jump down from the tree he noticed that the five leaf grimoire that his mother sealed Liebe in began to glow and try to force itself out of it's pouch. "Gah! What the!? What's with this thing!?" shouted Asta as the grimoire forced itself out of the pouch and began floating in front of Asta. "Geez what are the odds. Asta, the grimoire chose you" Liebe said while chuckling." Wow really? It chose me?" said Asta as he grabbed the floating grimoire. As soon as he grabbed the grimoire a small ball of black mass began to form, "What the! What's happening!?" shouted Asta. The black mass began to take a humanoid form and grew a small thin tail, wings and it's head had the same hair as Liebe along with his horns. Asta looks down at the little devil-like creature "U-uh Liebe?" Asta says while arching his eyebrow, "Yeah what is it?" says the tiny devil as it opens its eyes seeing he's out of the grimoire, and also super small. "What the!? Why am I so tiny!?" shouts Liebe as he looks at his tiny body, Asta looks at his freaking out brother with a smirk "I guess that makes me the older brother now" he said, sounding smug. "Why you son of a-!" exclaimed Liebe before Asta cut him off, "It's good to see you again Liebe" said Asta with a sincere smile. In response Liebe returned the smile "Yeah, it's good to see you too Atsa".

Later that evening Asta was standing in a clearing with Liebe on his shoulder and his grimoire in his hand. "I wonder what kind of moves I can do with my grimoire now!" Asta said with stars in his eyes. "Well staring at it isn't gonna do anything, open it and find out" said Liebe causing Asta to open the grimoire. The moment Asta opened the grimoire a large black and rusty sword appeared from the pages. "Woah, an anti-magic sword" said Asta as he picked up the sword, "wow it's heavy, thank god for all my physical training" he said as he began to swing the sword. "I wonder if there's anything else?" says Asta as he places the sword on his shoulder as he looks at Liebe. "I don't know, try your reinforcement anti-magic" replied Liebe shrugging his shoulders, "Yeah good idea" replied Asta as he returned the sword into the grimoire. Asta then closed his eyes as he began to use his reinforcement anti-magic, as soon as he began to use it his grimoire opened to a new page. Instead of using his average reinforcement ability where Asta simply had a black and red glow this time it was something completely different. Now his anti-magic surrounds his shirt turning it black along with it gaining a collar that's edges fall over his shoulders and the back of his shirt is extended to his ankles like a trench coat, along with the shirt his forearms are covered with anti-magic that crawls further up his arms like tendrils."Woah this is awesome!" shouts Asta as he looks at the changes that have been done."Nice, what are you gonna call it?" Liebe says while flying around Asta, "Hm... how about... Anti-magic:Black Cloak?" replied Asta while shrugging his shoulders."Sounds good to me" says Liebe while giving a thumbs up in approval, "Then it's settled then, Black Cloak it is" said Asta smiling.