Chapter 43: A Reunion of Rivals

"I see you've gotten stronger, Yuno" said Asta as he smirked at Yuno. "Well I can't let you get ahead of me, can I?" replied Yuno before pointing at Asta's injured arm, "how did you get that? By doing something idiotic again I'm guessing". "Oh this?" said Asta as he brought up his arm, "I got this from fighting a big-shot from the Midnight Sun". "If I would have fought them, I would've returned un-scathed" said Yuno as he crossed his arms. "Yeah right! He was as strong as a captain!" replied Asta before pointing at Yuno, "I doubt a little gust of wind could put him down!".

Before Asta and Yuno could finish talking, Asta quickly pulled out Demon Slayer and slashed a bolt of lightning and saw the Shining General from earlier floating behind them. "Do you mind!?" shouted Asta as he pointed his sword at the General, "we're trying to have a conversation here!". "How dare you talk to me in that tone, boy" said the Shining General as lighting began to crackle around him, "I'm one of the Eight Shining Generals!". "Sorry to tell you buddy" said Asta before resting his sword on his shoulder, "I'm not afraid of you or the little electric chicken you're riding on". "You will pay for insulting me, boy!" shouted the General as he pulled out a lance made of lighting magic. "Alright! Let's go!", before Asta could move forward, Yuno put his hand out to block him. "No Asta, this is my fight. I saw him first" said Yuno as he floated in front of Asta. "Aw what!? No fair! You can't call dibs!" shouted Asta as he pointed at Yuno, "I wanna fight a Shining General too!". "Sucks to suck Asta" said Liebe as he shrugged his shoulders, "besides, didn't the Wizard King say there were three here? Just go find one of the other two". "Oh yeah, you're right! And now that I think about it, I should probably check up on Finral and Charmy. Finral can't fight and Charmy only fights if there's food involved " said Asta as he put his sword away, " Alright Yuno, he's all yours".

Asta then flew down to the ground to find Finral and Charmy. After a minute of searching, he found the two herding townsfolk through Finral's portals. "Asta!? What are you doing here?" asked Finral as the last person entered the portal and he closed it, "I thought you were gonna fight one of the Shining Generals?". Yeah, I was" said Asta as he landed and walked over to the two, "But sadly Yuno called dibs, so I decided to check up on you two". "Wow, to think my junior is the one checking up on me" said Finral as he slouches his shoulders.

"It only makes sense, considering the only thing you're good for is being the Black Bulls transport"

The three looked to a roof to see a member of the Golden Dawn. "Hey Finral, you know this guy?" asked Asta as he pointed at the Golden Dawn member. "That's my younger brother, Langris" sighed Finral, "he's the Vice-Captain of the Golden Dawn". "It seems I'm gonna be the next head of the family" said Langris with an arrogant smirk, "I've become the Vice-Captain of the number one squad in the kingdom, while you're nothing but the pack mule of the worst squad". "Hey, buddy! How about you learn some respect!" shouted Asta, "that's no way to treat your older brother!". "It's fine, Asta" said Finral as he put his arm in front of Asta before he tried to pick a fight, "besides, it's not like he's wrong". "And what are you talking about Mr.No Way To Treat Your Older Brother" said Liebe as he appeared and raised his eyebrow, "you talk to me like that all the time". "Ok, that's different" said Asta as he rolled his eyes, "you know what you and me do is jokes. He's just straight up insulting his brother"

"The Golden Dawn has already taken care of the majority of the enemy forces, the Black Bulls aren't needed here. And besides...." said Langris before looking at Charmy and Asta, "the battlefield isn't a place for a child and someone without a lick of magic. How does it feel brother, to have to look after people even more pathetic than yourself?". "The hell did you just say!?" shouted Asta, he's only known Finral's younger brother for only a minute, but he already wants to punch the guy. "Langris, you can insult me all you want, I don't care" said Finral before his expression became more serious, "but do not insult my squadmates!". Langris wasn't affected by the glare his brother was giving him and just kept his look of superiority, "well,well,well...so you can look scary".

Suddenly, a massive snail made of slime appeared with civilians stuck in the front of it, with one of the Eight Shining Generals in the center controlling it. "Boy!!" shouted the General as he stared at Langris with pure hatred, "I swear, by the honor of the Eight Shining Generals, I'm taking your head home with me as a trophy!". "Wow, you're still alive?" said Langris as he looked at the Shining General, 'if I use my spatial magic, I'll take those civilians with him'. The Shining General began to laugh, "you can't touch me Magic Knight! Not unless you want to kill these people!". As the civilians began to beg for help Langris came to a decision and raised his hand, "Very well. They will be noble sacrifices to the Clover Kingdom".

"The hell are you doing!?"

Before Langris could bring his hand down, it was stopped by Asta appearing behind him and grabbing his wrist, 'how did he get behind me so fast?'. "Those are our people down there! Did you forget that it's our job to protect them!?" said Asta before he let go of Langris and walked to the edge of the roof, "you stay here, while I show you how a real Magic Knight does it's job". Asta then jumped off the roof and landed in front of the giant snail, "Hey, Mr.Slimey! Are all of the Eight Shining Generals as pathetic as you three? Because if you are, I don't know why the Clover Kingdom is concerned about the Diamond Kingdom!". "How dare you!" shouted the General as he sent a whip of slime at Asta, who quickly jumped away from it. "Aw what's the matter, did I strike a nerve?" said Asta as he leaned on a wall with his free arm. "Shut up!", the Shining General sent another attack that Asta avoided by activating his wings and taking to the sky.

'Time to get those civilians out of harms way', Asta then rocketed into the slime and caused it to splatter. 'he erased my spell!? How!?' thought the General in shock, "How did you do that!?". "Fuck you, that's how" said Asta as he made sure all the civilians were safe and running away. "And not that your human shields are out of the way.." said Asta as he activated Shade Mode with a smirk, "I'm gonna kick your ass". "Wha-!?" before the Shining General could even finish saying a single word, he was cut off by Asta's fist slamming into his face and sending him flying back. Asta then blitzed behind the Shining General and pulled out Demon Slayer and held it like the batter of a Baseball team, "sorry Magna, but I'm stealing your move!". Asta then knocked the Shining General into the air with the flat side of Demon Slayer. "And I think that's a home run!" said Asta before looking at Finral, "you mind Finral?". "Not at all Asta" replied Finral with a smirk. Finral then created a portal behind the General that brought him right back to Asta. "Lights out for you buddy!" shouted Asta before punching the General into the ground, knocking him out.

"Langris, you're right. I can't beat you. But..." said Finral before standing in front of Charmy and Asta, "The Black Bulls will beat The Golden Dawn!". Langris didn't reply to his brother, he just glared at him and Asta. Then from behind the Black Bulls, a crash could be heard. Everyone turned around to see the Shining General Yuno was fighting on the ground defeated and Yuno floating to the ground. "Took you long enough" said Asta with a smirk, "I took down my Shining General already, and I had to do it one handed". "I was simply holding back to see the kind of power the Shining Generals have" replied Yuno as he closed his eyes before faintly smiling, "besides, mine was probably stronger". "Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that" said Asta as he rolled his eyes.

"How dare you doubt my Yuno!" ,suddenly a small fairy appeared beside Yuno. "Huh? Hey, Yuno, what's with that thing?" said Asta as he pointed at the fairy. "It's Sylph, the wind spirit" replied Yuno with a sigh, "she's annoying sometimes so just ignore her". "You got some nerve pal" replied Asta with a smirk, "having an annoying partner on your shoulder is my thing". "Yeah! That's his thi-!" said Liebe before he realized what Asta meant, "Hey! Who are you calling annoying!?".

"Anyways..." said Finral as he walked over to the two, "now that the fighting is over, we should meet back up with Captain Yami". "Man, you're probably right" replied Asta as Finral made a portal and had to drag Charmy through it to stop her from talking to her 'Meal Saving Prince'. "I'll see you later Yuno. Next time we meet, let's have it on the battlefield to see who becomes the Wizard King" said Asta before looking up and glared at Langris, "next time you talk about one of my squad mates like that, I'll personally make sure you pay for it". Asta then walked through the portal, leaving a smirking Yuno and an annoyed Langris. 

[Chapter 43] 

The battle of Kiten ends with the Clover Kingdom defeating Diamond.  Next chapter, Asta will learn the truth about his broken arm. How will he take it?