The End of Something (Part 3)

Scarlett...

So we are in deep shit here. It seems like all the assassins of the commission are here today and out to get us under the ground. Great intentions, truly beautiful. But I would prefer to live at least till I reach the age of fifteen. 

"So what do we do now?" Diego asks, leaning closer to me and Five. Great, first you provoke this and now you want us to figure out a plan out of this? What even are you? 

"Well, we got two choices: fight and die now or run and die later." Five answered with a shrug. His voice bearing the hints of fear. 

"Either way, we're food for worms," I concluded sourly, hiding slightly behind Five. Not that it would help but still at least a bit of contact with him is what I want. 

"Preference?" 

"Not die?" I asked hopefully. 

"Not an option."Diego immediately dismissed my desperate idea. 

"Wouldn't mind a few more minutes breathing air through the old windbags." Five answered nonchalantly. 

"All right." Handler broke our little discussion, glancing down at her watch. "Let's get this over with, shall we?" She pulled out a scarlet handkerchief, out of nowhere really. Where was she hiding that thing? 

"Run!" Five ordered grabbing my arm and dragging me behind him as we sprinted back towards the farm. Trying to get away from the commission workers. They started at us with a terrifying battle cry. And the battle of Narnia can begin I see. 

The sound of bullets echoed behind us. Some zooming right past me causing my heartbeat to quicken significantly. This is madness. I would use my air powers to stop them but somehow I don't even have time to breathe here, so turning around to use my powers is more than impossible. 

I shrieked slightly when I tripped over my own feet, due to how fast I was running. Five turned to look at me, quickly making sure I was okay before gripping my hand even harder to pull me alongside him. 

"Five! We can't outrun them!" I yelled through the crossfire feeling the assassins practically breathing on my neck. 

"Yeah, we're not gonna make it!" Diego agreed, his feet slightly tripping over the mud-covered field. Five sighed and gripped my hand even tighter if it was even possible and he grabbed onto Diego as well. Oh no. Is he seriously going to jump us? "What are you doing?" Diego asked confused by how close Five got.

A blue blinding light shone around us and I braced myself for the nauseatic feeling that will follow soon enough. We spatial jumped, landing closer to the farm. Five letting go of Diego but keeping his hand entwined with mine.

"Five, I think I'm gonna puke," Diego announced, his voice betraying how sick he felt. 

"No time!"/"Welcome to my world!" Five and I said together as we sprinted towards the old red tractor. We all hid behind it, breathing heavily. 

"What now?" Five asked hurriedly. Fully well knowing that we can't stay here. They will catch us in a matter of seconds. 

"We blink into the house, man!" Diego hollered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Five nodded, seemingly out of breath as he grabbed onto both me and Diego. 

"Okay." The sound of energy battled with the deafening sound of bullets but before we could spatial jump away it died down. Five was out of energy. Great, we are done for. 

"What?" Diego barked out his questions. The bullets getting more and more aggressive as the distance between us and the assassins shortened. One of the bullets swifted right over my head causing me to duck down quickly in fear.