The White Violin (Part 2)

Scarlett...

I looked around the place where we used to go as kids I can clearly remember the first time they allowed to take me here. Klaus tried to teach me how to play after Luther complained that I was useless at the game while he was getting strike every time. Of course, Klaus couldn't teach me shit as his ball always found its way in the gutter. So Five ended up teaching me instead and let me just tell you that was something.

Now...well, I am surprised it didn't change. And I mean like at all. Everything is exactly the same. Same old lanes, same old bar, and chairs. The only thing that changed is the number of customers. This place used to be packed. Like really topped to the roof. Now there is just some tacky birthday party, and some teenage couple bowling not too far from us probably have a date here. I was sitting up on the counter behind Five with Klaus having a chair just inches away from me. He said that Ben is sitting next to me so um...yay.

"Look, I hate to be the one to say this," Luther cut in the silence bringing out attention to himself. "but everyone needs to prepare."

"For what exactly?" I asked leaning a bit closer. Luther looked my way.

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya." He was hit in the arm by Allison's notepad where she was writing whatever she wanted to say as she couldn't talk due to her vocal cords being damaged. Luther sighed and frowned at her action. "We may not have a choice, Allison."

"Bullshit. There's always options." Diego said gaining the attention back to himself. I jumped from the counter and walked over to Klaus who started listing through the newspaper.

"Anything interesting?" I asked and he shrugged, just continued listing through.

"Yeah, like what?" Five asked glaring at Diego.

"I don't know." I pushed myself to sit on Klaus's lap so I could see the newspaper better. I heard Klaus let out a sigh but he didn't comment on my actions.

"Look, whatever we decide, we need to find Vanya. And fast, okay? She could be anywhere" Klaus just now turned some random page where I spotted a picture of Vanya. I grabbed Klaus's hand because he was about to turn the page again. Vanya has a concert today. That's it. That's where we can find her. I tapped the picture for Klaus to see and he spoke to the others knowing that they would probably not listen to me.

"Or...here." I jumped from Klaus's lap and moved to Five who put an arm around my waist and pulled me down in his lap. I am just switching laps today. Klaus kneeled down next to us and others moved closer too. "Look at this."

"That's right. Her concert is tonight." Diego said nodding. Just as Luther was about to say something a blond lady said. She wore the uniform indicating that she is working here. Probably a part-time job considering how young she looks.

"Hello. I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not gonna bowl, you gotta leave." I peeked at the back where she pointed to see a man...I guess the manager, slamming the pair of shoes on the counter angrily. That dude's got some temper. I turned back to the lady.

"We're sorry, we just got caught up with talking," I explained smiling sweetly at her.

"Whose turn is it?" Diego asked playing along so she would get off our back. She nodded and left but I guess Luther was being angered by the manager who kept on glaring at us.

"Oh, for..." He grabbed the ball angrily and carelessly threw it somewhere down the lane not even caring where it went. Just for the general info he got a strike...without looking...and on someone else's lane.

Allison scribbled something down on her notepad and tapped it with her pen when she showed it to Luther. She's our sister. I nodded

"She's right," I said pointing to Allison.