Valhalla (Part 1)

Scarlett...

This was maybe the first night in like forever that I slept well. Not even in the orphanage did I feel like this after waking up. But something was different than all those other times. With my eyes closed, I could feel a slight weight over my waist and a hot breath hitting my forehead. Opening my eyes I saw a chest of someone and I lifted my head a bit up to look up to stare into familiar green orbs.

"You mean to tell me that I spend the night with you in the same bed?" I asked with a hint of a laugh behind my words. 

"Would you prefer someone else in bed with you?" Five asked raising an eyebrow. 

"That depends is Tom Holland still single?" I joked causing Five to roll his eyes, his hand that was around me pulling me closer to him. 

"I doubt his parents are planning on having him yet...if they even know each other that is." I snuggled closer towards Five, enjoying the warmth he was providing at the moment. It is not that I am cold but it is strangely comforting. 

"Then I guess, you'll have to be enough," I mumbled into his chest while he tightened his grip around me even more.

"What a nice thing to hear from your girlfriend." He said sarcastically and kissed the top of my head. "Come on now, we need to get to work." Instantly he pulled away from me and stood up from the bed. I whined at the lack of physical contact while Five pulled on his shirt. "Planning on getting up today?" He asked tossing me my pair of jeans since I had a shirt on. rolling my eyes I grabbed the jeans and pulled them on. Before I was ready Five already walked out of the room. The poor boy is in serious need of his morning coffee. 

When I joined him in the kitchen I noticed Luther there fixing himself some...light breakfast. A full pan of scrambled eggs. The boy is still growing I see. But he is doing a rather big mess here. Yesterday when we got here, he was in a worse state than Klaus ever was and I guess that is saying something. 

"No, no, no, I don't understand. They keep following me." Diego said pacing around the room. What did I just walk into? 

"Wait, who?" Luther asked but kept his glance down at his eggs. I walked over to Five and leaned against him. I would still like to sleep and he knows it. 

"Those Dutch sociopaths." Are talking about the Swede brothers? 

"They're Swedish, you idiot." I guess we are... "Hired guns paid to eradicate us before we do any more damage to this timeline." Five explained swinging his cup of coffee around. 

"Yeah, but why now? I mean, I'm...fine for three months until you showed up." Diego said snapping his fingers angrily. 

"Yeah, I was here for a year and no one messed with me." Both Diego and Luther now looked at me. 

"Yeah well, I am here since August and had no trouble if we don't count the jocks at school." I shrugged. Five took a sharp breath. Once again the blame was on him. I am surprised he is not used to it by now. 

"Even if it was my fault, which it isn't..."

"Of course," 

"Shut up," Five said to me randomly just in the middle of his speech and continued on in the same tone of voice. "we only have six days before the end of the world, and the closest anyone's gotten to Dad was that driveway at the consulate." Five finished rolling his eyes a little at yesterday's failure. 

"Well...that's not exactly true." Luther turned to us, not minding his eggs at the moment. He spoke as if we were in some kind of horror movie or some shit. 

"What do you mean?" Five asked curiously as we all walked a bit closer. While Luther told us the heartbreaking story of how dad threw him out like some lunatic I was watching his eggs that were slowly burning on the pan. That will be one delicious breakfast.