Memories II.

March 1998

Eight-year-old Scarlett was in her room that she shared with her brother. The room was vacant at the moment, her brother lurking somewhere around the house doing only God knows what. And Scarlett in all honesty couldn't be bothered enough to try and figure out her brother's current mindset. She suspected it was something between setting something on fire with his lighter, that he found last week when he sneaked out of the Academy with Diego, or he was somewhere annoying the other siblings into oblivion. 

As long as none of these things were involving her she was perfectly happy with where she was. Just laying on her bed and reading a book. To say that their father didn't exactly provide them with quality literature would be a lie. Of course, their library was full of all-time classics. But an eight-year-old kid gets easily bored by Shakespear. And Scarlett wasn't all into the Jane Austin or the Brontes sisters' work. According to her, it was all too lovey. But she read them all nevertheless because what better program does she have other than intense training? 

She was now attempting to dive into the classic of Mary Shelley, the Frankenstein. She wasn't too far maybe only just on the fifteenth page when her doors burst open, hitting the side of Klaus' dresser loudly. Scarlett's head shot up from the book at a neck-breaking speed. Her eyes worriedly turning towards the invader of her calm time only to see Diego there looking pissed as ever. 

"Contain your stupid twin brother." He said harshly. Eyes glaring in Scarlett's direction to which the girl just shrugged. 

"Well, hi to you too. I appreciate you being so considerate to our furniture," Scarlett said sarcastically, nodding her head towards the side of the dresser which now had a small hole in it, in a shape of a doorknob. Scarlett sighed when not receiving any other reply but an intense glare from her brother. "He is just making himself occupied. I am sure he is not endangering anyone but himself." Diego didn't seem too satisfied by his sister's lack of care. He was determined to do something with that. 

"He is your twin brother, you bear some responsibility for him." The Number Two said, hoping it would get the youngest of the siblings to move and get her hyperactive brother away from his room. 

"Well, those are some news," Scarlett muttered, flipping the page of her book. She just wanted Diego to leave. Honestly the more he will keep pestering her the more she will resist. She is not willing to move a finger until she hears Klaus wailing in pain. That is something that would seriously get her to rush into the action. 

"Scar! Come on!" 

"I can hear you!" Scarlett snapped, mildly startled by her brother's loud yelling. Gosh, he could be so annoying. "I am just trying to ignore you." She revealed in all honesty. Before Diego could snap something back or go as far as to drag her out of her bed, Klaus cut him off by storming into the room. Panting as if he had run a marathon around the whole city.

Scarlett eyed him up and down. The shirt of his uniform sticking from underneath his vest. The blazer's sleeve slightly ripped something that he was yet to tell their mother about. Dark curly hair sticking in every direction, despite the fact that Scarlett used almost half of the bottle of hairspray this morning to help him keep them neat, according to their father's request. Overall Klaus looked as if a dog had chewed him up and then spit him out right away, deciding to rather not poison his body with an individual like Klaus. 

"Letty...I...oh...Diego...fancy seeing you here." Klaus chuckled nervously once he noticed his brother standing in their room along with his sister who he was initially searching for. His right hand shooting up to scratch the back of his neck awkwardly, the action immediately giving him away, that he has done something that will get him in trouble. Reading his mimics and knowing him like an open book, Scarlett sighed closing her story and sitting up in her bed to better prepare for what was to come.