We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals (Part 3)

Scarlett...

Innit nice weather for a funeral? You know raining. I mean in movies it always rains when there is a funeral scene so this seems authentic but for the fuck's sake, I have no umbrella! My siblings being all older and quicker than I managed to grab their umbrella with the exception of Diego who said he doesn't mind a bit of water. Huh, tell that to his soaking wet clothes then. That leather or whatever is that material he is wearing sure will be easy to put off when wet. Isn't it funny how something named Umbrella Academy doesn't posses enough umbrellas for all of its occupants? Well, I ain't laughing now if you were wondering. I managed to squeeze myself under Klaus' pink umbrella. He said he is brightening up the mood. Ah well, it sure is working everyone is frowning in a more cheerful way. I locked eyes with the statue of Ben, thinking that at least our father cared enough to make a statue for him. That was one of the nicest actions of our father that I have ever seen. And after that, he just sent me to death. What a nice man really. Luther was holding the urn with our father in it because come on daddy's little boy should have the honors. After a mild confusion with our mom, Pogo turned to Luther. 

"Whenever you're ready dear boy," He encouraged our brother to dump our father out of that thing. Well, he probably didn't mean it like that but come on that is actually what happens? Without any pathos to make the scene emotional. Afterall father hated when I showed emotions so why do so now? Take it as fulfilling his wishes. The fact that I get to behave like a cold bastard towards him is just a bonus. 

Luther lifted the lid as we all watched, it really is so cute how scared he is of messing up on this one. It's not like Reggie is here to scold him if he dumps his remains in the wrong way. Is there a wrong way actually? My question was answered when Luther tipped the urn and the ashes fell down on the sodden floor.

"Probably would have been better with some wind," Luther said looking straight at me. Yeah, just this morning I was a murderer and now I shall save the situation. Sure hang on let me just get my 'go fuck yourself' look and we can start. 

"Ah, you know I really would love to help you but you see I really don't want to," I said putting a hand over my heart which made Klaus next to me chuckle I think I even saw Five stifle in a laugh as he tried to look professional. 

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked looking around but I guess he realized no one really felt like lying about loving that man deeply. "Very well. In regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy..."

"He was a monster," Diego said the words filled venom but in all honesty, I do feel like he is right. Klaus next to me let out a laugh causing me to look up at him in question. 

"What it was sudden truth spoken, is shooked me." He said sucking in a breath. 

"He was a bad person and even worse father. The world is better off without him," Diego continued looking at everyone. 

"Diego," Allison scolded our truth-speaking brother. 

"My name is Number Two," He turned to her glaring daggers, so far better than throwing them but I guess at this rate we will get to that soon as well. "You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had mom do it," Diego pointed at the robot that we all referred to as mom. Because she was, beside Pogo she was the only one that actually was a family to us and took care of us when we needed it.  

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Mom asked enthusiastically as if we weren't just attending a funeral. 

"No, mom it's okay," I answered smiling slightly at the blond woman.