Changes (Part 1)

26 years ago

All the kids were seated in the kitchen eating their breakfast. Well, all the kids from one to six have already eaten their breakfast and were waiting to be excused and start their training for the day. Number Seven and Eight, however, didn't even touch their breakfast yet since they both hated oatmeal. Number Eight was sitting between her two favorite brothers Number Four and Number Six but of course, she made sure that Number Five was right opposite to her. She was just disgustedly picking the spoon in the porridge making a few funny grimaces. 

"You really hate oatmeal that much?" Number Four asked her curiously seeing as his twin didn't eat a thing. She just shrugged and continued glaring at the substance in her mint green bowl.  Number Eight was a very picky eater when it came to anything but what only made the matters worse was the fact that Number Seven shared her dislike for this type of breakfast. 

All the other kids were sent upstairs for training while Number Seven and Eight were ordered to stay behind until they finish their breakfast. 

"Your brothers and sister have all finished their oatmeal and begun their training for the day. Don't you want to join them, Number Seven? What about you Number Eight?" The nanny asked looking at the two young girls. Number Seven stayed quiet just staring at the lady while Number Eight huffed and threw her spoon across the room, being the one to express what's on her mind very clearly. 

"Is someone having a tough morning?" The nanny asked turning towards the little blond. Number Seven shifted in her seat seeing the adult nearing her sister. "You know what cheers me up when I'm down?" The nanny asked kneeling down next to Number Eight's chair causing the girl to look at her scared. "Singing," She said taking a new spoon as she started singing something in french. She scooped up some porridge on the spoon and neared Number Eight's mouth with it causing the little girl whimper and move away frightened. Number Seven frowned at the sight. The kettle startled whistling in the background and the sound grew more and more in intensity until it was the only thing that was heard. Suddenly out of nowhere, the nanny was thrown across the room landing on the castle the kids built the previous day. 

Number Eight looked at the nanny that was now just lying still on the floor. She then looked back at her sister with a serious expression. 

"She just ruined our castle," The little girl pouted turning back to the dead lady levitating some of the blocks in the air and throwing them at the body. This action made Number Seven smile a little. Just then their father came to see if they were finished with their breakfast. He frowned when he saw the nanny dead on the piles of the block castle.

"Number Seven! Number Eight!" They both looked down ashamed but Number Eight still had a few blocks levitating in the air. "Number Eight!" Reginald warned the little girl who sighed and let the blocks fall. 

The two sisters have destroyed every nanny so far that came. Whether she was French, German, or American. All of them met the same fate when trying to get the two girls to eat their breakfast. 

"Can't you stay here with us? You will see something funny," Number Eight giggled when asking her twin brother to stay. She wanted to show him how she and Number Seven can take down the next nanny that will come. Number Four just rolled his eyes and jumped from his chair. 

"Sorry, but I need to go training. Dad won't let me stay here with you," Number Four said and then raced after Number Six who has been waiting for him by the door. 

Number Eight shared a look with her sister who just shrugged. She didn't mind the others not being there. She only really liked Number Eight. And sometimes Number Five and Six weren't too bad either. Number Eight pushed her bowl as far away from herself as possible, feeling a bit nauseous when looking at the oatmeal.