The Swedish Job (Part 1)

Scarlett...

And so like I was supposed to in the morning I made my way to the cafe where I work. I was late...again and Mary was already waiting for me by the counter. She wore a smile on her face like always but behind her eyes, I could see how much she wanted to scold me for coming late.  But her kind heart won't allow her such a nasty thing. So right as I saw her in the morning I held up my hand stopping her before she could greet me. 

"I know I am late, I am sorry. I had to catch a bus from my brother's house which is out of the town. Again I am very sorry," I apologized before she could even speak and as always she just shrugged it off with a kind smile. I sighed and walked towards the staff room to get changed. 

"Oh Scarlett, your friends stopped by yesterday asking for you. But I didn't know what to tell them because I didn't know where you went so they said they would come by today when I told them about your shift," Mary called through the room just as I was tying up the apron around my waist. From shock, I tightened it a bit too much squeezing the air out of my lungs. 

After the coughing fit that I brought to myself by almost suffocating my waist, I was ready to start work. Well, I was ready physically. Mentally I was coming up with solutions to how to ditch meeting with Rowan and Jason. I know they are worried and I am so fricking sorry for it but it is for their own good. 

The day went by slow. I did customer after customer, nothing out of ordinary. I was hoping on the inside that Klaus would come here. That he will stop by, pay a visit to his sister. But so far he didn't peek his head in here. Don't know if that is a good thing or not. When it comes to Klaus, one never knows what he can get himself into. 

Like yesterday, I found out that when he just randomly bumped into me that he was actually just stepping out of the police station where he was behind the bars. I mean for Klaus it is nothing he didn't experience before. He was in jail even when we were thirteen but that is a different story. The point is Klaus tends to get himself in all sorts of peculiar situations.  

Hence the reason why I would like him to stop by just so I knew he was alright. But on the other hand, when he isn't here I am not getting questioned for his strange behavior so this is a really difficult situation. 

I was just finished with my last customer and after this, I should be heading for my lunch break now and after that, just two more hours and I will get to search for Klaus outside. So far nor Rowan or Jason showed up here so I am hoping I will get lucky and they will just let this slip. 

"And so we meet again," A voice of the pain of my life said from behind me while I was just filling up the pot with fresh coffee. I didn't even have to look at him. I knew he was there and that he had that smirk right across his stupid face. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked monotonously, finishing up my work. I still didn't even care enough to look at him.

"Well, as far as I am concerned this is a coffee shop and I am a sucker for a good cup of coffee." I rolled my eyes and finally looked at Five with a raised eyebrow. 

"There are tons of coffee shops around so go pest someone else." I snapped and was about to walk away when his voice stopped me. 

"I am technically your customer, you've got to serve me," Five pointed out, feeling oh so smug because he knew he was right. But I do have some tricks up my sleeves still. 

"Technically, I have the right to go on lunch break...oh and look at the time, mine starts just now," Faking the surprise in my voice and tapping at my imaginary watch, I went to continue towards the backroom but, Five is a persistent shit. That I love too much but don't tell him he would get too full of himself.