Changes (Part 2)

Scarlett...

I watched from the doorway of the living room as Five paced around back and forth from the couch to the bar. Hearing him mumble words like I ain't neglecting anyone and I am not an addict and Klaus is just being stupid are urging me to laugh at how ignorant he is to the obvious things.

"Hearing the truth must have hit you hard," I said making him turn around to face me. His face holding the expression of surprise as he didn't expect me to appear there. Sure he isn't used to someone spontaneously appearing behind him because he is the one doing that all the fucking time.

"Scarlett," He said as if assuring that it was really me standing there. I rolled my eyes and stepped closer.

"Well, that's my name. You should know it, you were the one who chose it all those years ago," I said standing behind the couch in front of which he stood so I was now staring him straight in the eyes.

"I know it is you. But what were you talking about?" I let out a dry chuckle at his pathetic question.

"Just about the fact that you know that Klaus was right. But your body has gained so much pride over the years that you won't allow yourself to fucking admit it." I snapped suddenly feeling like letting all those emotions I have towards Five to fly up on the surface. If we are supposed to live our lives happily and I am to finally grow up I don't want this feeling bringing me down.

"That's..."

"It's not bullshit Five. You actually didn't notice what you were doing? Tell me now what else do you have in life apart from the case of apocalypse? Huh?" If you would look carefully into his bright green eyes you would see how intensively he was thinking about the answer.

"I have you," He answered lifting his gaze to look straight at me. Mushy sweet talk...never worked on me. Never experienced such.

"You have a weird way of showing your affection towards me sometimes. You know...I remember our last date do you as well?" I asked pretending that I was thinking tapping my finger on my chin. I didn't let him even open his mouth because I continued. "You disappeared even if I pleaded you not to because YOU wanted to prove yourself that you can do something. You came back and ever since you came it was nothing but apocalypse here apocalypse there. I took it as a heroic act from your side that's why I tried to help you. Getting injured on every step of the way. I did everything for YOU!" There was a rain hitting on the window heard which was slightly weird as it was sunny just moments ago. "Yet you didn't find a time to do something for ME or to even thank me for doing something like that. I could've died more times in this one week than I ever could in the whole 13 and half years that I lived before. And yet...it seems like it...like I...mean nothing to you." Towards the end of the sentence my voice went quite from the overload of emotions that I was experiencing. Five was looking wide eyed at the window and then back at me. "But I guess that you have your reasons...why would you pay attention to a kid like myself." I said coldly and was about to turn and leave. When suddenly a flash of blue appeared in front of me and someone gripped my hands.

"You were never just a kid for me Sky," He said in voice that was barely like whisper. His hands suddenly feeling warm against my own which was new. I was always the one with high body temperature. "You were always so much more. I always found you so much smarter and so much more mature than anyone in this house. Myself included." At the last sentence I allowed my eyes to lift up to link with his own. "You are so important to me that I traveled back through time just to save YOU. I didn't care about anything else. I am here for you. And now I am realizing how foolish it was to ignore you all the time just to save you. I was basically hurting you. Even if it was unintentionally and I am sorry for it. I promise from now on I will be always there for you when you'll need me." Five said bringing me in a hug. His hugs were always so brief and could be almost considered even as just an act of polite display of affection...almost as if a hug between two friends that don't even know if they are friends anymore. But this time he squeezed so hard that I almost couldn't breathe, sharing all his body heat with me. Suddenly I am feeling so cold. When we pulled away I took a deep breath and looked back into his deep, forest green eyes.