𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 • 𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒛𝒆

CHAPTER XIVhouse intruders

CHAPTER XIV
house intruders.

"This is the most awesome thing I have ever seen." your uncle Javier exclaim, admiring every detail of Jim's armory. Jim summons his shield, "Oh! Can I get one?" he ask him.

Ophelia walks up to them, "No Javier. This is not awesome." She opposes and continue, "Our daughter is sixteen. She can't even vote, and she's supposed to protect the world?"

"You don't even know what I can do, mom." Claire argues. Her mother went to her phone and started typing.

"Who are you calling?" Barbara asked your aunt.

"The mayor. I have him on speed dial." she answers, putting her phone on her ear.

"Ophelia, you can't." said Barbara.

"Mom, what are you doing?" Claire questions.

"Besides showing your age with the phrase speed dial." Toby whisper to you, but his nana heard it too.

Mrs. Domzalski walks over to you, "Oh, what's a speed dial?" she asked in such innocence.

"If an apocalypse is brewing under my city, it's my responsibility to stop it." your aunt claim.

All of a sudden, a familiar growl is heard. You all diverted your eyes by the basement entrance/exit to see Blinky and some other troll with tied hands. Blinky closes the door of the basement, and tries to hold it to stay close. Ophelia's scream fills the whole room upon seeing the two creatures.

"They're hideous." your uncle commented.

"We could say the same of you." replied Blinky, still holding the basement door close.

You look over to your aunt, noticing that her call have been answered by the mayor. "Claire, the phone." you whisper in her ears. Claire jumps over to her parents, and snatches the phone away from her mom's hand.

"We love what you're doing, Mayor. Keep up the good work. Thanks, bye." she said in one breath, and hung up the phone.

"Mrs. Nuñez, he's good," Jim points out, "The other one, not so much."

"Hey!" protested the unknown troll.

"Master Jim, apologies for interrupting, but we have a little problem." Blinky informs. Out of nowhere, he got pushed back as snipping and growling could be heard. You all stepped closer, seeing goblins slowly intruding the house.

"Oh, geez. These guys are the worst." says Toby.

"We gotta get our parents outta here." told Jim.

"Are those the trolls?" Javier asked.

"They're not trolls, they're goblins." Jim corrected.

"So many kittens." Mrs. Domzalski says with joy.

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

"Claire, watch out!" her father warned, but it's already too late, Claire got suck into the portal, along with the goblins who were attacking her. The portal closes and your aunt Ophelia screams in horror.

"Uh oh." you muttered.

"Where'd she go?" your aunt enquired.

A goblin was about to attack her and her husband, but you acted quickly and kicked it away. Then, two to four more goblins surrounded you.

"Not another step, vermin!" shouts Barbara. She opens the lid of the blender she's holding, and threw whatever is inside of it. An eyeball rolls into the floor and the goblins seems to recognize who it belongs to. They all look at Mrs. Lake who turns on the blender. Clamoring, the goblins retreated, as the mother and son duo cheered.

"What happened to my baby Claire? Javier, get her back." your aunt cries, embracing her husband.

"This is bad." your uncle Javier told.

"Bring her back to me." Ophelia continued to cry, "Javier, our baby is out there with those trolls."

"Uh, goblins." her husband corrected.

"You hear that, Nana. They get it. Goblins." talks Toby.

"Don't worry darling, we will get her back." your uncle comforted.

While your aunt continued cry for her daughter, Toby turns toward you and his best friend. "She has her staff, right? She'll be okay?" he said, to only reassure himself.

A portal opens, and comes Claire.

Her parents quickly rushes towards her. "Claire! Claire! Are you okay?" they checked.

"I've been better." she answered.

They hug each other.

You sigh out in relief, "I hope this is how my mom would react if she ever finds out about this." you whispered over to Toby making him chuckle.

Your aunt Ophelia took out her phone to start dialing the mayor again.

"Mom, you can't tell anyone." says Claire.

"I'm an adult. You don't tell me what to do." she argues.

"Claire's right," spoke Jim, "You can't tell anyone. If anything stops us from defeating Gunmar, it's not just us in danger, it's everyone."

"And Jimbo's the only one who can stop him." Toby added.

"With our help." Claire finishes.

Ophelia looks over at the persistent teens. When she saw how determined they are, she started a debate on her head. And that's where Barbara steps in.

"Listen, I believe in my child. And I need you to believe in yours. We have to protect them the way they are, not the way we want them to be. We don't have ordinary kids." she said, putting an arm on Jim's shoulder. "Listen, I know this sounds crazy. I know this goes against every parental instinct. But we have to trust them, to protect not only us but the fate of the world."

"Thanks, mom." thanked Jim.

Your aunt puts her phone down, ending the call just as the mayor answers it.