𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 • 𝒔𝒆𝒊𝒛𝒆

CHAPTER XVa bystander

CHAPTER XV
a bystander.

Toby hands Jim his war-hammer.

"Master Jim" Blinky interrupted. "Are you sure you want to do this? The amulet is your sacred charge".

Jim turns to Blinky and says, "I know".

Once again, Blinky speaks, "If you destroy the amulet, it is forever."

With irritation, Jim finished his sentence, "Forever and ever. I get it!".

"Just making certain" Blinky replies, landing a hand on Jim's shoulder.

Jim sighs, "Thank you. If we want to catch up with Gunmar and Angor Rot, we have to find the tomb". Claire walks up next to him.

"And the staff" she added.

With the war-hammer at his hand, Jim walks to where he placed his amulet. "For the glory of Merlin" you heard him mumble to himself, before smashing the amulet into pieces.

You were all kind of taken aback when a gush of wind swoosh past you.

Jim lifted the hammer from his amulet. He kneels down over it, takes it with two hands and says. "No turning back now". Then he places the center piece of the amulet into the gyre. "Whoa! The map! Claire, you were right!".

The map disappears and the gyre glows up. The engine has started. "If this is fate, I really hope we're not destined to die" Toby states.

"Only one way to find out" says Claire.

You hold onto something stable nearby like your life depends on it. Well because cause in this case, it does as the gyre accelerates in full speed.

・。゚★:*.✦ .*:★.

The gyre stops in front of a waterfall.

"Well I guess, we're here" Jim states.

"Oh god — I think I'm gonna hurl!" Toby pushes you aside as he immediately steps out of the vehicle.

"So. Do we start looking from here?" Blinky question.

As you look into the waterfall, you felt something familiar, but you can't grasp on what it is.

"Deja vu?" you heard Claire spoke from behind.

"Yeah. I feel like the waterfall is where we're supposed to start." you told.

"Well, it's certainly worth a try." she went to your side, touching your right shoulder with her hand. "I'll tell Jim and the others, how about you check if there's anything behind it."

You nodded your head and start walking close. As you push your hand into the water, some of it bounces into your face. 'Hmm.. no walls.' you thought before pushing your way in.

A few moments later, Toby runs inside while holding his hammer and retches. Then Jim and the other follows.

"Hate gyre." Aargh profess.

"Whoa, a hidden entrance. How did you know about this Y/N?" Jim asks you.

"I don't know. Lucky guess?" you bluntly answer.

Toby then yelps, catching your attentions, "Why no hammer magic?" he questions.

"No magics here." Blinky answers, looking at a writing engraved above the entrance of the cave. "It appears this hallowed tomb is warded against sorcery."

Claire grunts, trying to summon her staff. "My shadow staff doesn't work either."

"Makes sense, as Mr. Blinky clearly just stated that this cave is against magic." you said in a duh tone.

Claire rolls her eyes at you, looking at something behind your back. "These claw marks look fresh."

Blinky went beside her, "Hmm. Yes, yes. As if.. a struggle," he inspected.

You saw Toby tripping on something making Aargh gasp, "Draal," he says.

Blinky: "Draal is free."

"If there's no magic here, maybe Gunmar's hold on him wore off," Jim continues, "Then we're not just here for the staff. We can save Draal."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's get in!" Toby chimed in.

As you were the last one to step inside the entrance, you can't help but to look back as if someone is watching all of you.. or rather, he or she is specifically watching you.