𝐂𝐡𝟐𝟏 ࿔*:・゚A Deeper Friendship

❝Well you both are acting like one, so —❞

Well you both are acting like one, so —

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

"Are you serious - I mean.. Wow! He is old enough to be my great-great-great-great-great - wait.." you paused, soothing the back of your neck, trying to count how many greats there should be. "You know what? Let's just say my ancestors, he is as old as my ancestors." you've concluded.
"Cheers," response Archie.
"I bet he must have done all the things he ever wants to do." you said.
"I have to disagree on that. All the boy has ever done is to sweep and sweep." he revealed.
"Really? Why?" you asked.
"Merlin's order." says the familiar voice of the person you are currently talking about.
"DOUXIE!" you jumped. "Fancy seeing you here."
"My shift is the same time as yours, so I thought I'd find you and walk there together." he explained.
"So how did you find me? Us I meant." you added remembering Archie is with you.
"We wizards don't share our secrets."
"Oh come on, that is not fair!" you protested.
"If it helps you, he must have probably stole one of Merlin's books again."
"Archie!" scolds Douxie. "I didn't stole them, I borrowed them. There's a difference!" he said, being pretty offensive. You made an 'Oh' sound, while the two starts bickering with one another. Your attention got cut out when Douxie suddenly asked,
"Anyway Y/N, would you like to join us later?"
"Join you on what exactly?" you inquire.
"We're hunting Stalklings."
"Stalklings, like the ones that chases their target until it's dead?" you said.
"Yep!" Douxie answered.
"Sure, but please tell me you aren't using me as bait." you whimper.
Douxie chuckles, "Of course not! It's..." he said, turning over to Archie who then voice out an,
"Oh no."

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

Dressed in the fashionable armor that Merlin have given you, "RUN!" you shouted at the two falling behind, as the three of you are being chased by the flying creature.
"AAAH!" Douxie screams.
"You said you got it 'under control'!" Archie spat.
"Sorry. I'll do better next time!"
"Next time?! NEXT TIME?!! Next time, you'll kill us! I trusted you Hisirdoux, I TRUSTED YOU!" gasping aloud the last sentence due to short of breath. The three if you turn by a corner, then another, and another, hoping to loose the predator. To your luck, the creature tailing behind is out of sight, therefore, you three decided to relax a little. "I'm dying... and out of shape. Let's just continue this tomorrow." you huff.
"No, we have to capture it now." Douxie insist.
"Douxie's right, it might attack a human once it sees it as a next target." Archie backed him up.
"Alright fine, fine."
As you said those words, a flash of light illuminates everywhere, sending a signal that a storm is coming.
"And it looks like luck, is on our side." said Archie.
"How come?" you asked.
"Lightning is the Stalkling's weakness," Douxie answered.

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

"HA! In your face you troll-bird!" you taunted to the creature's stoned figure.
"Great job for vanquishing that savage beast. You two worked really well together." Archie complicated.
"Why thank you Sir. Archibald -"
Archie gasp, "Who told you my name!?" he said, as Douxie tries to contain his laugh from your side of vision.
"Uh, was I not supposed to know, or was I not supposed to say it?" you said, looking over to Douxie, knowing well enough that you've exposed him.
"DOUXIE!" yelled Archie.
"Hey, why you gotta expose me like that!" Archie said to you, completely ignoring Archie's glare.
"Hey, hey, hey, you got me into this mess by sharing me that information, don't blame me that you were supposed to keep it a secret." you reply, defending yourself. Feeling a buzz in your pocket, you took out your phone...

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Mom:
Y/N honey, where are you?
You're supposed to be home an hour ago!

Y/N:
Mom, i'm with a friend.
Don't worry, i'm safe.

Mom:
Alright, when are you going to be home?
I'm getting worried sick about you.

Y/N:
Don't worry mom, I'll be home soon.
Say, in 30?

Mom:
Got it. Be safe!

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

You turned off your phone and turn to the other two who still is in their argument.
"Guys -" you called out.
"Oh yeah, your secret's safe with me." Archie mocked.
"Guys!"
"Sorry alright. It just came out of my mouth -"
"BOYS!"
They both turn to you at the same time, disbelief and offense shown on their faces.
"Excuse me, we have lived for centuries!" Douxie stated.
"Well you both are acting like one, so-" you shrugged. "Anyway, I have to go and thank you both for today. Today was fun, and we should do this again sometimes."
After saying your short goodbyes, you turn around and began your journey back at the Casa Nuñez.
"Come on, go for it now!" you heard Archie.
"Uh, Y/N!" Douxie called out, making you turn around. "W-Would you, well maybe l-like to grab a drink tomorrow?" he stuttered.
"Sure," you smile.

After getting home safely, Y/N lay in her bed, thinking of the event that has just occurred when she suddenly thought of something,
'Wait - so is tomorrow a date?'