𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 • 𝒅𝒆𝒖𝒙

CHAPTER IIfriends

CHAPTER II
friends.

As he felt his phone vibrate, Jim takes out his phone, to check who had texted him.

Claire:
Hey Jim! Can you meet me at the burger place? I want you to meet someone.

Jim:
Sure!

What time?

Claire:
5

Oh! And bring Toby with you.

Jim:
Alright :)

"So, did Claire say anything to you about this person we're about to meet?" asked Toby.

"No, she just said to meet her at the burger place." Jim replies.

"Huh, that's random... And here we are. Here goes nothing." Toby opens the door. Both guys comes in and start looking for their female friend.

"Tobes, over there." Jim points out.

Meanwhile, while waiting for Claire's friends to show up, the two girls engage in a conversation... or at least they were.

"Claire!"

"Toby! Jim!" shouts Claire upon recognizing the voice, seeing her tow male friends walking towards their table.

"Well hello there, and who might you be?" Toby flirted.

"My name's Y/N," she chuckle.

"My cousin." Claire added.

Toby takes the seat next to Y/N, immediately starting a conversation as the girl didn't get a chance to say "hi" to the other guy.

"So Y/N, are you staying in Arcadia permanently?" Toby asked.

Y/N shakes her head, "No. My mom and I are only here for the summer."

"Aww, bummer" Toby pouts.

"Jim, what's wrong? Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?" Claire ask him.

"huh— oh, nothing," he says.

Seeing that her cousin is being occupied by her other friend, Claire decided to take the chance to ask Jim something that she have been itching to ask. "So, my family is going to have a barbecue party," she spoke, but his mind is rather somewhere else. "uh, Jim?" Claire called out.

Jim snaps out from whatever he was thinking and put his attention towards his crush.

"Yes Claire. What were you saying?" he asked.

"I was just saying if you'd like to go to my family's barbecue party?" Claire repeated.

"Oh. Sure, I'll go." Jim answers.

Clair turns to Y/N, who is still by the way, being occupied by Toby. She lightly tap on her shoulder to get her attention.

"Y/N, I'd like you to meet Jim... my friend." she hesitantly say.

"Hello, Claire's friend," she giggles. "Y/N, nice to meet you." Y/N holds her hand out as Claire nudges Jim to take it.

"It's nice too meet you as well." Jim said, taking her hand for a handshake.