𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 • 𝒖𝒏

CHAPTER Ia sudden visit

CHAPTER I
a sudden visit.

The story begins at a grand French Chateau, a residency of the family Blanc located at the capital of France, the city of love: Paris. Mrs. Blanc is an advocator of women's rights, people's equality and the LGBTQ community, she is kindhearted women but is scary when angered. Meanwhile, Mr. Blanc works as the mayor of the city itself. He is a hot tempered man that only shows his sweet and loving side to his beloved wife and daughter, Y/N Blanc.

"Y/N dear," Mrs. Blanc called.

Y/N stops on what she's doing and turn to the direction of her mother. She answers, "Yes maman?"

"Guess where we're going for our summer vacation~" she sang with such high enthusiasm attracting her daughter's interest. Y/N raises an eyebrow. Y/N always knew that her mother is a cheerful women, but she rarely see her act this happy unless something big is happening.

"I don't know, where are we going?"

"We'll be visiting your aunt over to Arcadia!" she squealed, waving two plane tickets high up in the air.

Y/N continues to look at her mother, not saying a single word for about... three seconds.

"Which aunt are we talking about?" she asked.

"Sweetie, I only have one sibling." her mother answered with an are you serious look.

"Oh," Y/N exclaim within realization, "When's the flight?"

"The day after tomorrow," Mrs. Blanc answers.

"Is papa coming along?"

Mrs. Blanc lets out a sigh, already knowing what the answer is, Y/N still waited for her mother's reply,

"He needs to stay here... for work."

"Of course he does," Y/N mutters to herself, "But isn't the visit so sudden? I mean— I have fencing practices, archery, and culinary classes that requires my attention," she listed. "Plus, does aunt Ophelia even know about this?"

Mrs. Blanc let's out a laugh, she knew that this is gonna come up. With all the Extracurricular activities that her daughter have joined, it is enough to keep her occupied whenever both she and her husband are busy. "Deep breaths honey. You're in all of this classes and activities, I just want you to relax for once. Live your life a little! huh." she advises, "And I already took care of everything. I've called every single one of your professors so you are good to go."

"Well okay then," Y/N shrugs. "I'll go and pack up my stuff right now," she told her mother.

"Dinner's in an hour!" Mrs. Blanc shouted to her daughter as Y/N makes her way up the grand staircase.

・。゚★:*.✦ .*:★.

"Good morning Arcadia!" greets the Dj on the radio.

"The scenery in here is nice," Y/N spoke.

"Yes, it's also peaceful," Mrs. Blanc adds. "So, are you ready to meet your cousins?"

"A little nervous, honestly. I've never met them before, I don't know if we'll get along," Y/N responded, looking outside of the car window. As the car made its way across the bridge, a certain figure catches Y/N's attention. It is a female; about one to two years older than she is, and what is strange about it is, that the female looks exactly like her.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get along just fine," Y/N heard her mother's reassurance on background. She closes her eyes and open them again a few seconds after, the mysterious figure is gone.

Y/N hums. I need sleep. She thought to herself before speaking. "And their ages. How old are they?" she ask, trying to disregard what she thought she imagined.

"The little one is Enrique, he's almost two years old. Claire, she's the same age as you are, if I clearly remember," she answers. "Anyway, we're here." she announces parking in the driveway of a humble house.

The pair got out of the car and into the entrance of the house. A few moments after Mrs. Blanc rang the doorbell, a middle aged women opens the door. Ophelia, who looks exactly like her sister, except for the color of their eyes, lets out a gasp,

"(Mom's name)? Is that... you?"

"It's good to see you too sister," (Mom's Name) says.

The women who you guessed is your aunt Ophelia, steps into the porch as the two sisters share an embrace. After hugging for quite some time, Ophelia's gaze fell on Y/N.

"Bonjour tante." greets Y/N, sending her aunt a small yet awkward smile, for her at least.

"English," her mom reminded her.

"Hello?"

"Wow, she is stunning," Ophelia complimented.

Y/N replies, "Thank you auntie, I can say the same about you."

"Oh child, you're flattering me," she responded, a tint shade of red appearing on her cheeks. "But a hug would be nice," Ophelia suggested, spreading her arms out for her niece.

"Hey mom, who's at the-" a teenage girl stood against the entry door with a questionable look, "Uh, hi?"

"Claire!" Ophelia calls her daughter, "Come meet your aunt and cousin."

Claire slowly made her way beside her mom, getting a clear view of the visitors.

"Hello, I'm Claire," she introduced herself.

Y/N, who is also standing beside her own mother, introduces herself too, "I'm Y/N, Y/N Blanc."

"Blanc? As in White?" Claire asked.

She nods her head and ask, "You speak French?"

"I took French One during freshman years, so I only know the basics," Claire explained.

"So, shall we come in and continue this conversation inside?" Ophelia suggested.