𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 • 𝒅𝒊𝒙-𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕

CHAPTER XVIItrip to merlin's tomb

CHAPTER XVII
trip to merlin's tomb.

Jim: "There is no way we can climb that."

"There must be some apparatus we can use. A ladder, perhaps." said Blinky.

"Well, if you want to know, there aren't any in here." you told. "Wait Claire, let's see if your dad have packed us a rope or something."

"Great Idea," she replied and started digging in her backpack. You also did the same and have found none.

All of a sudden, the room changed. There are lights, and everything is new again. Like... we've gone back on time or something!

"Wait! Wow! Wow!" Toby stammers.

The room changed again, back to how you originally saw it when you came.

"What was that?" asked Claire.

Blinky gasp upon realizing something, "By Gorgus! Tobias, press that stone again!" he ordered.

Toby steps forward, triggering the magic upon the room.

"Awesome-sauce. This feels super weird." Toby claimed.

"Wait. The switch makes everything new." Claire said to Jim.

"Or it's somehow jumping to the past. That's crazy, though. Right?" Jim adds.

"You're onto something, Master Jim. We do seem somehow flung into the past. Or, at least, the room has." Blinky explained. "By wear patterns on the rocks, I'd say this is —"

"Hundreds of years ago. A millennia for exact." you cut in.

"Uh, yes! How'd you know that?" Blinky asked you.

"I don't know. I guess I just do?" you replied.

The room started flickering back and forth, hearing Toby saying, "Olden times. Today!" again and again.

"Tobias!" Blinky yelled.

"Oh, sorry." Toby apologizes, putting down whatever it is he's holding.

You continue to examine the room for anything that could help you continue on the journey, when Claire announces, "I know how to get out!"

She places a pot on a table, then drop the seeds into it. "Okay. Toby, take the bag out of the tile." she instructed.

Toby did as he is told to and lift the bag from the tile. Vines started to emerge from the pot, until it made it all the way up to the exit.

"Let's climb." Aargh invited.

"Claire, you're a genius!" Jim praises.

"Oh trust me, she knows." you told him.

"Yeah, good work Claire! Good job Toby, for I don't know... finding that sack if seeds." Toby sarcastically remarked.

Claire laughs and so did you. "Yeah, good job, everyone."

・。゚★:*.✦ .*:★.

You all made it up there, and this time... the room is pitch black!

Toby stumbles onto something, making him almost land, face first. "Ugh! I wish we had a light." he grunted.

"Oh wait." you and Claire both exclaim.

In your backpack, you took out the flashlight that your uncle had sent with you incase of any emergencies.

"Ughh! I hate it when my parents are right." says Claire.

"I know right. Just hope they won't find out about this, or they'll be sure to give you the "what did I tell yah" look." you told.

Once the light made contact with the wall, a gasp has escaped Claire's lips.

Toby: "Whoa!"

"Great Gorgus! This appears to be a depiction of history. A timeline."

"All I want to know right now is, who's Gorgus?" you asked.

Jim: "The Staff of Avalon."

"Merlin's most powerful relic," adds Blinky. "He built it to channel the arcane energies of the universal itself." As you move around, Blinky completely nerd out and started recalling the events. "Merlin's sacrifice to banish Morgana. His cause carried on by the champions he left behind —"

"Y/N" someone called. You knew that it is not one of your companions, because the voice sounds different, yet familiar.

In front of you, a ball of light floats still, waiting for you to follow it. You look behind you, seeing as the others are preoccupied with the timeline stuff.

You already know that it's stupid, but you decided to follow it, separating you from the others.

The ball turns to a corner, before going through a wall.

"Okay, and I can no longer follow." you said, and were about to turn your heel, when the wall started... cracking?

You waited for it to finish, collapsing into the floor, and revealing a surprisingly lighted hallway. You continued with your journey, hoping to catch up to the ball of light you were following earlier. But to your avail, you didn't find it and found Merlin instead, laying down on top on a flat surfaced stone, covered in cobwebs.

"Oh my, it's Merlin! YOU GUYS, I —" you turn around, only to remember that you've left them for a ball of light. "Anddd, I cannot go back now or I'd get lost." you took some deep breaths before releasing it harshly. "Ugh! If only I was paying attention to where was I going."

"I'd probably get there and could have told them about this." you mumbled.

Meanwhile...

"Jim, Toby, where's Y/N?" asked Claire.