𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 • 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒊𝒔

CHAPTER IIIbusted by y/n

CHAPTER III
busted by y/n.

"Et, voila!" Y/N turns the chair around so Claire would be facing the mirror. As soon as she saw her reflection, a little gasp escape her lips. "So? Do you like it or what?" Y/N asked.

"Wow. I look —"

"Beautiful?" Y/N finishes.

"I sure do," Claire chuckles. She turn towards her cousin and taking both of her hands. "Thank you, Y/N" she says.

"No need to get emotional, so don't mention it. You can ask me anytime you need me to do my magic." Y/N jokes, making Claire snort. "So shall we head downstairs and see if your friend has arrive?" she teases, grabbing Claire's arm and locking it with hers.

"Uhm, let's go." Claire hums and the duo made their way downstairs.

As soon as the two were down, Ophelia's voice fills their ear. "Claire dear, could you tell your dad to make these soy dogs? All he's been cooking is Chorizo," she requested, handing Claire a tray full of soy dogs.

Claire made her way towards the backdoor, to the backyard, as Y/N turns to her aunt.

"What can I do to help?" she offered.

"You can do whatever you want dear; I will call you if I'll be needing an extra hand," Ophelia replied.

Y/N nods her head, "Well, okay then. I'll just be here, right here by the kitchen."

"Alright, and I'll get going now." Ophelia bids her goodbye and made her way out in the backyard.

Y/N stood there for a couple of minutes. Out of boredom, she decided to collect some ingredients to make macarons.

"Hey Jim." greets Y/N, mixing ingredients for the filing.

"Oh Y/N, have you seen the love of my life?" Jim sang.

"Claire? Oh yeah, she's out in the backyard," she told him.

"Thank you Y/N, you are a gift from heaven," he complimented and made his way out to find Claire.

"Uh, okay?" Y/N said, halting for a moment.

Not too long after, a person walks in.

"Hello — Jim? How did you —" Y/N stammered, pointing at the backdoor then back to the person. Jim walks inside, taking a scoop of the avocado guacamole. He must have come out of the other door and came back in. Y/N thought.

Without a warning, Jim started panicking to Y/N's confusion. What she didn't know, is that Jim had just witnessed something that could ruin today, a copy of himself.

"Oh, no. No, no. Oh no." he starts running around the kitchen like a madman shouting: "No! Oh, no!" over and over again.

"Jim, is everything alright —"

"No!!" Jim yells, cutting Y/N off.

"Then what's wrong?" Y/N asked irritatedly.

Once again, Jim completely ignores her, then ducks behind a wall by the staircase. Y/N tries to check at where Jim is while staying in her spot, but she sees nothing, only hearing Jim's muffled voice.

Y/N sighs. Can this day get any weirder.

"Hey," a man greets Y/N as he passes her.

Y/N responded by a wave, too busy as she takes out the third batch of macarons out of the freezer.

"But of course. I would cherish a personal tour of the Nuñez manor." says the second Jim.

"Wha — Jim?" Y/N called out, utterly confused of the situation. She leans her head to check behind the wall but sees nothing. Y/N takes a big breath and offer them some macarons in which they took gratefully.

"Hm" Jim moaned, "This is amazing!"

"Yes I quite agree, these are fantastic Y/N." says Ophelia.

"And you've gotta start making me this everyday." said Claire.

"Well," Y/N chuckles, "I didn't take culinary class for nothing." she said.

"So shall we continue with our tour?" Ophelia suggested.

"Lead the way," replied Jim.

Once the three approaches the stairs, Y/N thought, Seriously!! What is up with that boy today?!

・。゚★:*.✦ .*:★.

After searching for quite some time, Claire has finally found Jim, the real one this time.

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong?" she ask, making her way towards him. "Cause you've been acting super weird. Maybe this was a bad idea," she added.

"No, it was just my nerves. But I'm okay now, I promise," he tells, "Would you excuse me for a moment?" he said, and made his way back inside.

Hm, he's lying to me, and i'm gonna find out the truth. Claire thought to herself and trail behind Jim, in secrecy of course.

・。゚★:*.✦ .*:★.

"Are you freaking kidding me?!" Claire yelled in disbelief. In front of her, stood two Jim(s); the real Jim and a fake one.

"Claire I can explain," both Jim said in unison, then glared at each other after.

She let out a grunt and says, "One of you, what is going on?"

The real Jim starts explaining, "Look I -"

"Claire, let me say this, short and sweet, I've decided I cannot see you anymore. Our relationship is interfering with my duty as—" the fake one interrupted.

"This is the worse day of my life!" Jim (the real one) freaked out.

"Okay, that's the real Jim." Claire says, pointing at the one who isn't wearing an armor.

"I knew something was up!" the sound of Y/N's voice says, making the three of them turn towards the girl. "And Jim, why didn't you tell me that you have a twin!?"

"Would any of you like one?" Y/N asked, holding out a tray of macarons to their reach. Y/N's eye moves around the three, halting to the fake Jim wearing the armor of Daylight. "Dang! That's some nice armor you're wearing. Where'd you get it?"

"Get it? This armor cannot be bought. It's the armor of daylight," he snaps. He pulls out the amulet from his armor as his cloths return back to normal.

"What just happen?" said Y/N.

"Claire, I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen, especially not here. The amulet, it's malfunctioning and creating other me's — or parts of me, I guess." Jim explains.

"And which part is he? the jerk part?"

"Uhh.. you guys, the jerk part is escaping," Y/N notified. Both Claire and Jim quickly look over where she's pointing at.

Jim groans, "He keeps doing that! Come on, we gotta find him before he ruins the party."

"I'm included in the search party, aren't I?"

Claire turns to Y/N and reply, "Yes. We'll need all the help that we can get."