bonding

Soon after Aria had left with Vanessa, Andrew had walked into my room, or rather, the guest room I had been provided with, to ask if I was ready yet

Soon after Aria had left with Vanessa, Andrew had walked into my room, or rather, the guest room I had been provided with, to ask if I was ready yet. But, to his surprise, not only was I halfway ready, but I was also in nothing but a towel that hung loosely on my hips as I did my hair. When he realized he had walked into the room whilst I was practically naked, he began coughing awkwardly.

"Well sh*t dude, my bad," he touched the back of his neck, not fully looking me in the eyes.

Unable to hold my laughter in much longer, I burst out laughing. What? This was Andrew Brooks who was feeling uncomfortable because he walked in on me. Damn, I would've expected it took more than just this for him to become awkward. 

"Why are you laughing, you idiot," he mumbled.

"Dude, I've seen you walk in on my brother doing the deed and all you would do is a smirk. Why are you acting like this now?" I laughed some more.

"God I hate when you're right. Dunno, I expect that from Liam, but I didn't expect to see you barely dressed," he cringed, recalling the memory from a few minutes ago.

Shaking my head, I tried to hide the faint smile that remained on my face. Man, the Brooks siblings were truly something. Whatever maybe this would teach the dude to knock. Although, I can't deny I didn't enjoy watching him squirm. Sure, I wasn't completely happy with the idea of him seeing me at this state, but we're guys, it's pretty much nothing. 

Nodding at him to sit down, I walked into the bathroom where my outfit was. Closing the door to save me and Andrew from part two of that embarrassment, I grabbed the black muscle tank and put it over my head. Taking off the towel that was placed on my hips, I put on a pair of black joggers. I threw on a pair of white sneakers and ran my hands through my hair, giving it a nice tousled look. 

"Ready when you are dude," I announced, as I walked out of the bathroom. Andrew nodded at me. He grabbed his baseball cap he had taken off and put it back on it head backwards. 

Following him, we walked down the stairs and into the living room where Alexander Brooks was standing waiting for us. He was actually quite friendly which was a surprise to me. The pictures I had seen online of him had made him look like those stereotypical businessmen with serious faces and an intimidating aura. Unlike what I expected though, he was quite nice. Sure, he was a bit closed off compared to his bubbly wife, but nonetheless, he was a kind man. 

Alex, which is what he had suggested I called him, smiled at the two of us, before walking into their garage. He unlocked his Lamborghini Urus, which was a sleek white color, and ushered us to enter. I had been informed that we would be heading to the golf course before grabbing a bite to eat. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and texted the girl who was the reason why I was in New York on the one week we had a break from filming. 

I couldn't quite pinpoint it just yet, but something about Aria captivated me so much that I would rather spend the week with her and her family than go out and party. I didn't know what this girl was doing to me, but hell, I didn't have much of a problem with it if it meant I could make her happy.

God, that was making me sound like some whipped assh*le. I wish I could understand why this girl made me want to do anything in my power to see her smile. I wish we could go back to how we were before she started treating me like a friend and before she started to melt my ice-cold heart. But gosh, that was such a lie. In fact, I was ecstatic that she had finally given me a chance to even be her friend and I didn't want to mess it up. 

The ding from my phone that indicated I had a new text message snapped me out of my thoughts. And who would've guessed? It was a message from the girl I couldn't pry my mind to stop thinking about. 

Unintentionally, I found myself smiling as I continued to tease her. When she sent a picture of her face, I could feel my heart beginning to beat faster than usual. These feelings were odd but I didn't question it. After all, it was probably nothing right? I was just enjoying being Aria's friend, right? Right, that explains it. I'm really happy that I have Aria as my friend now. That's all.

Then why did my heart long for something more? 

***

After a nice game of golf, which was filled with a lot of just me and Andrew competing against each other while Alex laughed in our faces, we went to grab something to eat. Aria's family was incredibly welcoming to me, it made me wonder why she didn't want to come home as much as her parents wished.

Regardless of that thought, I found myself feeling at ease as Alex asked me questions about my career. After the conversation about my occupation had finished, we all talked about other things. Random topics that I honestly couldn't remember how we arrived to. Alex and Andrew didn't fail to make me feel at home. In fact, I was beginning to become glad that I agreed to this trip in the first place. At first, it was more of a thing I did so I could please Aria, but this trip has been what I would consider a bonding trip. But still, the one person I wanted to bond with more, was nowhere in sight. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

sooo, ik i've been MIA, but what'd yall think?? i have another chapter written, will be updating again soon! thank u so so much for six thousand reads hehe

vote, follow, and comment!! dont be a silent reading :)