someday

*HUNTERS OUTFIT^^*

Saying Aria's family was welcoming would be the understatement of the century

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Saying Aria's family was welcoming would be the understatement of the century. While others would say "make yourself at home" and leave it at that, Mr and Mrs. Brooks went above and beyond.

Waking up in the large guest room was breathtaking. Unlike my house in Calabasas, where everything in my room was black, the guest room was filled with neutral colors. On the left side of the room was a large window like door, that lead to a balcony. When I woke up around 9 AM, the room was already filled with so much sunlight that peeked through the shutters.

Walking into the spacious bathroom, very similar to the one in my parent's house, I started the shower. Letting the water get warmer, I undressed and hopped in to the shower. After I had finished showering, I proceeded to complete the rest of my morning routine. Walking out of the bathroom, with nothing but a towel that rested dangerously low on my hips, I headed over to where the closet was. I opened the door to the closet, which was a walk in closet on the smaller side, I took out a pair of black joggers along with a black hoodie with white lettering on the front. Grabbing my white Air Force 1's, I quickly slipped them on and tied the laces. 

Stopping to take one last look at the mirror, I ran a hand threw my damp hair and left it at that. Closing the door to the guest bedroom behind me, I walked down the stairs and tried to find any one of the Brooks's family. The first person I saw was Aria, who was seated on a couch in the family room, opposite to the living room, and walked over to her.

"Morning," I greeted, taking a seat right next to her. Obviously uncomfortable with our proximity, Aria scooted over on the couch. 

"Hi Hunter," she answered back, not peering away from her phone. Once in a while, her fingers would move rhythmically, typing back as her phone pinged. 

"Who're you texting?" I asked, trying to dismantle the awkwardness in the room.

"Gia," she responded curtly. 

Sighing, I let go of my attempts to start a conversation. Sure we were on good terms now, but I still don't think Aria is my biggest fan. What can you do I guess? A few minutes passed before either of us said anything, and surprisingly, it was Aria who spoke.

"Let's go, I think breakfast is ready," Aria announced, getting up. I followed her to the dining room. As we passed the kitchen, I could practically feel my mouth watering. Noticing my face, Aria let out a little laugh. "Mom made the chef cook all your favorite things." When I seemed confused as to how she knew what my favorite things could possible be, she spoke again, "Come on Hunter, I've practically grown up with you for the past five years or so, I pay attention."

"Oh so now you're stalking me?" I smirked.

Aria shook her head in amusement and slapped my arm lightly.

When we finally got to the dining room, I saw that Mr. and Mrs. Brooks, or Janella and Alexander, as they told me to call them, were already seated.

"Hunter, Aria, take a seat. We're just waiting for Vanessa and Andrew now," Alexander told us.

I took a seat across from Janella and Aria sat to my right. After three or so minutes, Vanessa Downe, Andrew's fiancee, and Andrew walked into the room. Vanessa took a seat across from Aria and Andrew sat across from their father at the other head of the table. 

Someone brought over my favorite breakfast foods and my nose tingled with the delightful smell. All of them, to no ones surprise, were the classic full English breakfast. Crossaints, cups of hot tea and coffee, orange juice, a fruit salad, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes, eggs, yogurt with granola, toast, and my personal favorite, peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins, were displayed across the table. How Aria could possibly remember my favorite muffins, which were very unpopular, was a question to me. 

Aria loaded her plate with two waffles and a bunch of fruit. She poured herself a cup of orange juice and began eating. I on the other hand, got a bit carried away, I put pancakes on my plate, followed by some bacon and sausage, as well as eggs and a muffin. Knowing I could use all the energy I could get after the plane ride yesterday, I grabbed a cup of coffee. 

"You know, it's very odd to see you and Hunter together without glaring at each other," Alexander told Aria, in a teasing manner.

"Alex! That's rude," Janella told her husband. I chuckled at them, they reminded me of my own parents.

"Hunter and I are turning over a new leaf. We're acquaintances," Aria explained to them.

"Hey! I thought we were friends," I joked, poking her side. Aria rolled her eyes at me while everyone else laughed at out play fight.

"Maybe someday," Aria smiled cheekily at me.

The truth was, I didn't know how I could stay just friends when she smiled at me like that. I was as good as gone.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n

hi people!! first of all, just wanted to say: EWA is at 2.4K reads???? tell me how wtf. thank u so so much, from the bottom of my heart.

school is starting soon, and honestly, in the beginning of summer, i'd hoped i'd finish writing this book by then. but here we are. but, hey, no rush!

gonna try to post more frequently as school approaches. thank u so much for reading!

please vote because it means the world to me (a star at the top right corner for laptops and for ppl w the wattpad app, u press ur screen once and then there is a star on the bottom left). and keeps me motivated and comment as well, because I love reading all of them :)

bye now! ;)