the devil works hard

Waking up this early on a Thursday where I didn't have work was odd

Waking up this early on a Thursday where I didn't have work was odd. Usually, on my days off I would sleep until the afternoon or until Liam got tired of being alone in the house and woke me up. The night before, Aria had constantly texted me telling me to go to sleep at a decent time and not party.

Damn, she was really babying me. My mother would get along great with her. 

I did as she said, mostly because I didn't want to get her upset. The girl finally chose to become civil with me and I'm not trying to mess it up anytime soon.

I changed into a pair of gray sweatpants and a white shirt. I slid on my air jordan 5's and grabbed my suitcase and a backpack which I was going to use as a carryon.

Since Liam was still sleeping, I tried my best to be as quiet as possible when making my breakfast. I made myself some coffee, obviously needing all the energy I could get after waking up at 5 AM. I plopped two pieces of bread into the toaster and while I waited, I cut some fruit. I added my fruit, which was some strawberry and banana slices, into my yogurt and proceeded to wait for my bread to finish it's transition into toast. Right as I went to grab a spoon for my yogurt, the toast jumped out of the toaster and I dropped the spoon I was holding, on the ground.

Finishing up my breakfast, I put my dirty dishes in the sink and left it like that.

What? It wasn't my day to do the dishes.

I ordered an uber because Aria told me not to drive myself to the airport. When the uber got here, I put my luggage into the trunk and kept my backpack to my side. We got to Burbank Airport in forty minutes. Paying the driver, I exited the uber and took out my luggage before closing the trunk. I grabbed the baseball cap I packed in my carryon and put it on. It was the best disguise I had without looking overly suspicious. 

I fished out my phone from my pocket and called Aria.

"Hello," she answered.

"Where are you?" I asked as I walked into the airport. I didn't realize how packed the airport was because even though my tone was very low, a girl turned around in recognition. Her eyes lit up, I sent her a smile and continued trying to spot the Brooks girl.

"Near the windows in out gate."

"Alright, I'll see you in like three minutes," I ended the call.

Finally I spotted Aria, who stood in a corner on her phone trying hard to not be recognized. Walking over to her, I saw that many people were already staring at her and their eyes got even bigger when they saw me. Guess her all black outfit and sunglasses didn't help her become unrecognizable. 

She looked up and nodded at me before taking another sip of her coffee. I took a vacant seat away from the people who were staring and took out my phone as well.

****

(A/N: I know these aren't the characters I put in the cast, just imagine it?? You have no idea how hard it is to find a picture of a couple or a male and female at the airport

(A/N: I know these aren't the characters I put in the cast, just imagine it?? You have no idea how hard it is to find a picture of a couple or a male and female at the airport.)

"The devil works hard, but paparazzi work harder," I sighed as I opened up my Instagram and saw a post with a picture of Aria and I waiting in the airport.

Aria looked over to me confused, so I showed her my phone and she nodded in agreement, "So do our fans," she added.

And that was it, that was all we said to each other the whole five and a half plane hour to NYC. I know this might've been disappointing since most people were so excited for us to finally become closer, but I doubted that that could ever happen.

For most of the ride there, Aria slept with airpods in her ears. Sleeping like this, she looked so relaxed. Usually, her face would be a hardened version of her usually peaceful one. The time she's ever smiled in front of me was always fake ones. And although she's really good at make them seem real. Compared to her real smile, the one that forms small smile lines her eyes, her fake smile doesn't do that. The smile doesn't quite reach her eyes. But right now, she had the most breathtaking hint of a smile on her face. 

She looked, beautiful.