used to

"Great, we're all here now," the director, or so I assumed, exclaimed as my manager, Gianna, and I walked through the conference doors

As he said that, Hunter and Grayson both looked up. One look, from Hunter, was filled with something I couldn't decipher, probably hate. But, Grayson's eyes held something that I was responsible for causing: sadness.

Although, he was doing a good job at hiding it. I just knew him better than most people, given our past and all.

I gave everyone a polite smile as I walked to my assigned seat. Which was sadly, next to none other than Hunter Gray.

Superb.

"Before we start, I want to properly introduce myself to Mr. Hunter Gray and Ms. Aria Brooks since they are the two I have yet to meet," the 'director' announced to what I presumed was the rest of the cast, "Aria and Hunter, you two have not auditioned for the leads but have been hand-picked by myself and the writer," he smiled, "I'm Jackson Philips, the director, and I am pleased to welcome you to the cast."

I smiled at him while Hunter seemed to have just nodded.

Not very friendly, but hey, at least it was polite.

"This isn't really a table read or anything like that, just a proper meeting for all the actors," Jackson Philips ended as he went up to speak to Hunter's manager.

I turned to my right, forgetting that Hunter was seated on that side, and came in contact with a smirking Hunter Gray.

Just as he was about to open his mouth, someone beat him to it.

That someone being Grayson Carter.

Someone who used to make my heart stop.

Used to, being the keywords.

Sadly, our supposed love had ended and I no longer felt that way towards him.

"Aria," he breathed.

He and I hadn't seen each other in a while which was a given but seeing him was not as easy as I hoped it'd be.

I missed him, not as a lover, but as a friend. Because once upon a time that's what we were. And I couldn't help but be disappointed that we had lost our friendship because our relationship hadn't gone as hoped for.

Grayson looked the same for the most part: the same beautiful dark blonde hair that I used to run my fingers through and the same gorgeous blue eyes that I'd look into.

"Gray," I attempted to smile.

Oh yikes, it's that devil's last name too, isn't it?

Grayson, shocked at the use of my old nickname for him, looked at me weirdly for a second before smiling back.

"S-so how've you been?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck. Knowing Grayson as long as I did, I knew that he would tend to do that when he was nervous.

"I've been better, you?"

"Same old. So, I didn't know you'd be in this movie."

"You didn't?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey! Don't get the wrong idea, you're incredibly talented, but auditions for this movie was more than a year ago."

"I'm kidding, and I didn't audition, I literally found out today," I laughed

Grayson nodded and the awkwardness of this conversation soon spread like wildfire.

"I'm gonna go talk to Gia, it was nice to see you," I said before quickly walking away.

"Gia, oh my god that was so awkward I-" I stopped as I noticed two other people standing next to Gianna.

"Aria! No kiss hello?" Hunter teased.

"Not for you, no," I deadpanned.

"Ohh, gotta save some for lover boy huh?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and greeted Hunter's manager, Preston Winters, instead.

"Preston, hey," I smiled.

"Hey yourself Miss. Superstar," Preston joked.

Unlike Hunter, I could actually stand Preston. He was a few years older than me, probably around my brother's age and he was a complete sweetheart. It's a shame I can't stand Hunter because I really enjoy talking to Preston.

I spoke to the rest of the cast, or at least most, and tried to get to know them. For the most part, they were cool so I didn't have to add anyone else to my hate list just yet.

When I was finally done socializing, Gianna and I left after saying our goodbyes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

K so, hello!! Update, yay! This chapter seriously sucks, I know. I literally don't know how to write anymore. Next chapter should be better. Also, if you're wondering how many chapters this book'll have, its around 30 chapters and then an epilogue and a few bonus chapters.

So yeah, thanks for reading!!!

Be sure to vote and um that's about it.

Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!