being civil

After having a much needed break from shooting, we were back on the grind

After having a much needed break from shooting, we were back on the grind. I got an early start, waking up at 5 AM to go on my usual runs. This was the one time I was sure paparazzi wouldn't be hiding behind bushes near my property.

Like I know I wasn't forced into the spotlight, but is this really what a girl has to go to get some privacy?

After an hour of running, I got home and showered. Getting out of the shower, I grabbed some clothes that seemed suitable enough for set. For me, that meant a pair of black loulou lemon leggings along with a cropped white zip up hoodie. I paired my very basic outfit with my air jordan 1's.

I grabbed a granola bar from my pantry and made myself an iced coffee. Making sure I had everything one last time, I locked my door behind me and walked over to my black Tesla model 3, which was my present to myself for my 20th birthday.

Closing the door behind me, I drove to set.

When I arrived, I saw Hunter talking to the director. As I got closer, Hunter spotted me and walked over.

"Hi there, friend," Hunter smirked.

I laughed, "Hi Hunter." 

After our little talk last week, it seemed that Hunter and I were finally on good terms, which I could see made Preston and Gianna, as well as our director, incredibly happy.

"Have a good morning?", he asked, seeming genuinely curious.

I burst out laughing once more, while Hunter stared at me as if I had three heads. Calming down, I answered him, "sorry, but this whole "being civil thing" is gonna take a lot to get used to", I told him, patting his shoulder.

He nodded as I walked over to my dressing room.

As I walked in, I felt my phone vibrate with notifications. Taking it out of my pocket, I saw it was a text and a couple calls from my mother.

She was dying to see me since I hadn't visited for almost four months now. And since my parent's annual anniversey party was nearing, my mother was admant of me not only coming to visit, but bringing a date with me. 

Guess I'd have to beg Maxon to come with me.

As I was about to send Maxon a text, Gianna burst into my dressing room.

"You know no idea how much better I feel about forcing you into this movie now that you and Hunter are on good terms, " she practically spit out.

"Calm down girl, we're only being civil, we haven't suddenly become best friends or something."

"Yeah, if you did, I would've taken you to the hospital before you could even start acting. That would not be normal".

"You're telling me, it was so weird to actually greet him without our usual glares."

"It's gonna take a lot of getting used to, now hurry up superstar," she pat my back, "also, please talk to your mom, she has been blowing up my phone," Gianna added as she opened the door.

"Aye aye captain".

After I got into the proper outfit for my scene, I had to get my hair and makeup done. When that was finished, I was finally able to get out of my dressing room and start filming.

Today, we would film the whole love confession. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have Hunter confess that he was in love with me, even if it was just for a movie, it felt so out of character from our usual bickering.

It was oddly nice.