sighing problem

"Hunter, where the hell are you

"Hunter, where the hell are you. You're running late, extremely late," my manager, Preston Winters, sighed.

"Wow, no hello? I'm hurt man," I joked, knowing I'd get him even more riled up.

"You- just get here already, everyone is waiting," he sighed once again before hanging up.

I swear that man had a sighing problem.

Now you may be wondering, what did I possibly do to anger this man, huh? Well, let's just say I was running late, extremely late.

Why?

Because I went to sleep later than usual which resulted in me waking up way too late.

Why?

Because of London Taylor. And no, not in that way, you dirty-minded bastards.

The girl had shown up to my house, uninvited, may I add, and demanded a relationship.

To which I laughed in her face.

But the time my laughing fit had ended, she was fuming. But that wasn't my fault. I mean, do these girls not know what a one night stand is?

So, for the sake of my career, I politely told her I wasn't looking for a relationship.

Which I'm not, a relationship isn't really my cup of tea since what happened.

When I finally arrived at the chemistry reading, everyone looked up. To add to my already dramatic entrance, I glared.

My special Hunter Gray glare.

I'm told it puts people on edge while still looking sexy so who would I be if I didn't take advantage of that?

I took a seat next to Aria Brooks.

Que the screaming fans.

Apparently, this girl was the female version of me. You know, minus her not being a player.

America's Sweetheart, they call her.

What the hell does that even mean?

Aria, looked upright as I sat down. When her gorgeous hazel eyes landed on me, she scowled.

Her ex play-toy, who sat across from her, also scowled. Yeah, that motherfucker is still hopelessly in love.

I mean who wouldn't be? Have you looked at the girl?

She's also said to be an extremely fun person to be around. Me? I wouldn't know.. The girl seems to hate me.

So, I'll just hate her back I guess.

As the chemistry read went on, I found myself extremely intrigued by Grayson's character, Lucah. 

Why?

That's for me to know and you to find out.

No spoilers here, kids.

***

"There's a table read in two days," Preston informed me.

"What's the point of that?" I asked, hypothetically, knowing damn well a table read was needed.

"To rehearse with the rest of the cast, today was just you, Mr. Carter, and Miss. Brooks since you are the ones in a majority of the scenes," Preston went on to explain.

"Why did I even agree to this movie?"

Why did I?

Today, Aria and I couldn't even say our lines without scowling at each other. 

Just imagine the later scenes. Like, god woman, we're supposed to be falling in love, not planning each other's murder.