Chapter 51: Of Course

Noah POV

As I'm about to walk into Dixie and Rory's apartment building, I feel my phone start to vibrate in my pocket.

Dammit.

I already know what the call is. It's usually Bryce. He literally called me two days ago, when Rory died her hair and picked a fight me about that. She was literally in the apartment while I was so I had to hide in the bedroom and fight with him. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do.

He's in the wrong.

But I also know that they're made for each other. And, to his credit, Griffin and Tayler fully got him intoxicated first to make him go along with it.

But he still cheated.

I know though, that this call is also for a specific reason.

We uploaded a Christmas collab across the six of our channels, which had Rory featured in all of the videos with us. And there were... several digs against Bryce. Not in the interest of being mean. At least not on my part. But Rory's comments have been filled with questions. This whole situation is all the TTR, everyone's comments, everything is about. But no one wants to speak on it.

I don't think Rory knows how to, and no one is speaking for her.

I sigh, taking the phone out of my pocket and sure enough I see Bryce's name.

"Hey." I answer, trying to start off the conversation calmly but he quickly responds,

"Noah, what the hell!"

"You saw it?"

"James' video? Yeah! Someone who is supposed to be my friend, and then you, and your girlfriend, and to top it off, the girl who everyone still thinks is my girlfriend are posting videos where I'm being publicly trashed! Do you know how bad that looks for me?! And bro, you couldn't even warn me?!"

"Bryce..."

"No, Noah, I know, fuck, I absolutely know I fucking deserve this. And so much worse. I cheated on Aurora Matthews! The actual most perfect girl for me ever! I deserve hell, but I just-" He screams in frustration and I hear someone telling him to calm down. Last time we did this, Blake had to hang the phone up because Bryce got so angry. I sigh, walking into the building, and then slide down the wall of the lobby. I sit and turn my phone on speaker so I don't have to hold the screaming up to my ear.

"I know Bryce. I do, but... she's healing. You built her back up, and for the past month and a half she's been figuring out how to keep it up on her own. And then, eventually you guys can talk and-" I get cut off again, making me close my eyes and listen to the distraught boy on the other end,

"I love her Noah! I fucked up and never even got to explain! I never got to apologize, or hold her, or- DAMMIT! NOAH! I haven't held my girlfriend in over a month. I miss her. God, I miss her. Noah, what do I-" Now he gets cut off, but this time by a much softer voice,

"Is that Bryce?" Rory's eyes are wide when I open mine, and I scramble up, seeing Dixie behind her, signaling with her hand moving across her throat to not let the happen. But I ignore her,

"Yeah..." Dixie silently throws her arms down, making a groaning angry face.

"Give it to me," She softly asks, holding her hand out. I sigh, hearing that Bryce has gone completely silent, before cautiously handing it over. She stares at it for a second before moving outside, leaving me to face the wrath of my own girlfriend.

-

Bryce POV

I widen my eyes towards Blake and Josh as we realize that Rory is on the other side of this phone.