Chapter 13: Find Out

Rory POV

I snap up of the bed into a sitting position as I wake up. I can't feel that again. I can't think about it.

I look around and Bryce is... nowhere to be found.

Again. I'm alone.

I feel tears start rolling down my face, so I reach for my phone. I click Bryce's contact and hit call.

-

Bryce POV

"No, no, no bro, that's such a lie!" I laugh, talking to Nick and Ryland.

"Sure, so you're telling us-" Nick is cut off by the ringing of my phone from the table next to me. I smirk at him and pick up the phone, looking at the caller ID, which makes my smirk drop. I immediately pick up the phone.

-

"B-B-Br-Bryce?" I hear from the other end, my heart breaking at the distress I can hear in her voice. Before I even answer I start running towards the room she's in.

"What is it baby? What's wrong?"

"N-Nightmare," that's all she has to say to make me run even faster.

"It's gonna be okay, alright? I'm coming," I get to the room, hanging up and lightly pushing the door open and going straight in. Her back is against the headboard, and she's curled up against it, the phone in her hand pushed tensely up against her ear. She lets it go, letting it fall onto the comforter, not really looking at me.

I just sit next to her, wrapping my arms around her. She immediately attaches herself to me, making me chuckle and kiss her head which is completely buried in my neck. "See, you're okay, right Sweets?" She just nods, and after a few minutes in this position I hear her breathing even out, indicating she's fallen asleep. I smile and fall asleep soon after, calmed by having her in my arms.

-

... two hours later ...

I wake up to a buzzing feeling in my pocket. I take my phone out and see the caller ID says Alex Warren, so I pick up,

-

(Bryce | Alex's Phone)

"What's up," I say as I answer, as quietly as possible.

"Hey this is Alex, and also you're on speaker with me, Thomas, and Bryant."

"Hey, what's up?" I sit up, trying not to disturb Rory.

"Alex and I have our videos edited the ones that have Rory in them, and Bryant has photos from last night that include her. We know this is big for you guys, for you, and especially for you. Is it okay if all of us post the videos and the pictures? Are you guys ready? Is she ready?" I look down at my girlfriends sleeping face, and a happy feeling comes over me. I smile before answering,

"Um, yeah. I think we're ready. As long as they aren't mean or making her look bad it's fine."

"We love her, we wouldn't do that. So, cool, they'll all be posted in like five minutes then," Alex hangs up, and I set the phone next to me in the nightstand.

-

I lay back down, cuddling back into Rory. Before I can fall back asleep, I hear a small voice,

"Bryce?"

"Mmm... yeah baby?" I hug her tighter as she moves to look at me face.

"They're going to find out about me now?" She looks at me with her large green eyes, her face showing only a little of the probably major anxiety that's she's probably currently feeling.