Chapter 26: I Get It

Jaden POV

Rory has been yelling at me to drive her to where Bryce is but I know I can't. I know she can't handle seeing him like that, and I know it would only end badly. So here I am, sitting in the. at that I shoved her into, driving towards the Sway House.

"Jaden, I'm serious! He said he'd talk about it later, and they were at the house when we left! I need to stop him, I need to see him! Please!" Tears are streaming down her face now, and I feel bad but I know it'd be worse if I took her.

"No. That's it Ro. Do you want to go to the Hype House or Sway? Your only two choices. I'm sorry, I can't. It's four o'clock." She just stares out the window. "C'mon, Ro, you need to tell me where,"

-

As I pull up to the Hype House, Mia runs out to the car. I called her on the way to let her know because Rory fell asleep after refusing to choose.

"Jaden, you need to get over there. Lucas and Bryce are apparently all out fighting and Thomas says they need help getting him to calm down." I shake my head,

"I'm not taking Rory there, she-" Mia interrupts me,

"No, you're not. Jack is coming out- Jack!- to help me get her inside. We're gonna just hang out and try to keep her from getting traumatized anymore, considering how badly you boys have been doing at that." She gives me a look, and I roll my eyes, before we both snap our heads towards the door to see Jack Wright and Lauren Kettering walk out.

"Hi!" Jack says, his smile wide. Lauren just smiles lightly, following behind him. She's sipping some half empty Starbucks drink.

"Hey bro," I smile, getting out of the car. He just keeps half smiling as he looks past me towards Rory and then to Mia.

"So I'm just taking her inside?"

"Yeah, I think we're just gonna go up to a room somewhere right? Everyone else is out except us, Olivia, Charli, and Kouvr right?" Mia reply's, looking at him and Lauren.

"Yeah, I think," Jack says, tilting his head to the side thinking.

"Okay, cool. So am I staying or..." I ask, mainly pointing the question towards Mia.

"No. You're going to go stop her boyfriend from getting arrested again."

"Yeah okay. Do you need help with her? She's a deep sleeper unless it's yelling." I say, thinking back to the times we assumed we wouldn't wake her up with our yelling after she had fallen asleep in random places.

"No, I think we'll be okay this time." Mia says as Jack walks around and opens the door, lifting Rory out. He walks back towards the door, Lauren going to help him, smiling at me before she leaves. I watch them, staring off as one of my best friends is carried into a house to hide her from her raging boyfriend, not wavering, even once the door closes, until Mia hits my arm, saying,

"Jaden! C'mon, you gotta go!"

"Yeah, oh yeah. I'm leaving, sorry. Just worried I guess," She nods, and before we can awkwardly stand there any longer, I get back in the car and drive away.

-

Olivia POV

Kouvr, Charli, and I are cuddled up in Mia and Thomas' bed, watching some random episode of NCIS on Netflix when Jack walks in, carrying Rory. Lauren walks in behind him.

I feel Charli tense up next to me, most likely staring at a bruise on her leg. Kouvr squeezes her arm, before pulling herself and Charli up off the bed, as I grab the remote, turning the TV off and standing up.

"Just sit her down, Jack," Kouvr says, moving back to where Lauren is standing as he puts her on the bed. Mia walks in as he turns around towards all of us.

"Jaden just went to go help get Bryce and the boys to leave. He, and I agree, wants her as far away from all of it right now, so we can't let her leave." Mia looks so nervous. Probably because the last two times she was here, she either had a panic attack or we let her leave and she went out to met with people who got her assaulted. So I get it.

"I just can't believe..." Charli stands, looking at the space above Rory's head.

"I know hun," Kouvr says grimly.

-

Hi guys! I promise the next one will be longer, and I promise it'll be better. Read the announcement after this, please!

Comment on what you think she'll say when she wakes up!

Comment and vote down below please!

Thank you guys so much for reading, love y'all!