Chapter 28: Whipped

if you like this book: read the bottom.

Rory POV

I blankly stare at the wall, sitting awkwardly in the middle of the kitchen

I blankly stare at the wall, sitting awkwardly in the middle of the kitchen. It's now three am and once again I'm the only one awake.

Mia and Olivia sit asleep on either side of the table, as we were all sitting in the kitchen. They said they'd stay with me till 3:30 and then Kouvr and Alex are supposed to come down. I would go up and find them, if knew my way around.

I do not.

So once again, I'm stuck here, fighting sleep so I don't have nightmares in a house that's not mine.

I can hear a few fans outside, we're right next to the balcony, only a floor above them. I need something to do.

I stand slowly, walking towards the balcony. When I come outside, the new guard guy isn't there, I guess he's only there during the day.

When I come into view I hear one of the three girls squeal, and another say, "Oh my god, is that that girl Rory?" I wave with a smile.

"I thought you were dating Bryce?" The second girl asks, very voice extremely judgey.

"I am, yeah he's my boyfriend," I smile warmly, but I feel so awkward. I've never talked to the boys fans, ever. I didn't go to Texas, I don't really go out much, and when I do, we always found a way to avoid them, before and after they found out about me.

"Why?" The same girl asks, before being elbowed by the third girl, who hasn't said anything.

"Excuse me?" I don't know what she means genuinely.

"Why is he dating you?" Oh. That's what she meant. I try to force a smile, getting out a few words through my heart clenching,

"I don't really know either." I try to make it seem like I'm joking, but there's a lot of truth to it.

"He's hot." The first one yells, and I almost laugh when I see the third one's head in her hands. If she's so ashamed by her friends, why is she hanging out with them?

"Uhhh, I guess?"

"C'mon, Ariel, Lisa, we've gotta go." The third on suddenly says, going to walk away.

"Why Maddie?" The second girl asks, I think she's Ariel. She turned her head towards the second girl, Maddie, first.

"Your mom wanted us home an hour ago. We gotta go." Maddie emphasizes it this time.

"I just don't get why this bitch gets to stay. Why is she worthy of all of this? She just appeared. She's probably some gold digger, wannabe, fan who manipulated all of them and-" I feel tears running down my face from her words, even though she's not technically talking to me, just as she's cut off by someone behind me,