Chapter 53: Home

Rory POV

"You need to call me when he screws up," Dixie says, Bryce rolling his eyes behind her where he's next to Noah

"You need to call me when he screws up," Dixie says, Bryce rolling his eyes behind her where he's next to Noah. Her hands are resting on my shoulders, and I give her a look. "What? Just saying!" Noah laughs, walking over and kissing my forehead before saying,

"She means that we are here if you need us, right Dixie?" He smiles, and then doesn't let her answer before pulling her away from me and the car despite her protests. Bryce shakes his head, his slight smirk on his face as usual as he moves directly in front of me,

"You ready?" I nod, and his smirk grows into a grin. I stand there, getting lost in his eyes until I realize he reached around me and opened the passenger side door for me. I smile sheepishly, moving back to sit down in the seat and he winks closing the door. I roll my eyes again, shaking my head even though my smile doesn't leave.

He's not your boyfriend anymore. He chose another girl.

My inner voices argue as I wait for him to get open and my smile begins to fade. I know what he did was mindless, and I have forgive him. I know it honestly had very little to do with me.

But also, I know he loves me and that we're going to figure it out.

We're going to figure it out.

"Okay, so to home, or do you want food?" Bryce interrupts my thoughts as the car turns on. I shake my head and he gives me a look like he's going to say something but instead he just shakes his head, putting in his seatbelt. I take out my phone as I do the same, silently going to Tiktok as he drives.

-

"I'll meet you inside okay?" Bryce says, clearly forcing himself to leave me alone for a second. The second I got out of the car and saw the house in front of me, I froze. The last time I was here, the last time I even thought of this house and what happened, was that night.

Yet here I am. Different hair, different style, I'm somehow technically an influencer now, and I'm not a complete mess of a trauma victim.

I nod softly, barely glancing at him before my eyes lick in his back as he carries my bags in.

God what am I doing.

I'm moving back in the day before Christmas Eve with my... ex boyfriend? Or whatever we are since I'm not sure that we ever broke up.

I love him. I do.

He's really hot.

And I know he cares about me.

But also, under two months ago he had his hands in other girls. I was always scared of that, but I thought that I knew deep down that he would never.

What if I was... right?

I shake my head, trying to get rid of the thought. But now the sick feeling I already had in my stomach has grown now. I take a deep, before glancing around, and then walk up towards the door. I go to open it, but then I hesitate. I know I'm moving in... but am I supposed to knock?