Chapter 48: Relax

Uploaded: 12/24/20

I just wanted to dedicate this chapter to a specific person. Br_ddison_ship I hope even with everything going on in your life right now, that you have a wonderful holiday and make some good, new, memories! Thank you for all of the support xx I hope you like this chapter too, along with everyone else reading this!

-

Chase POV

"HE WHAT!" I glare around the room as Heidi and Dixie stand where they just walked out of the bedroom, everyone else in as much shock as I am.

"Bryce cheated on Rory." Heidi repeats, pursing their lips together.

"That's impossible, it's... it's Bryce and Rory. Mom..." Charli stumbles through her words, Larry pulling her into a side hug.

"He cheated on her. Like he..." James makes a face, "another girl?!" I would laugh if I wasn't so furious.

"Strippers. They brought strippers to his party," Dixie angrily chuckles, shaking her head. I throw my hands up in the air. After everything those head asses put me through in July when I screwed up.

And they said I hurt Rory. I mean I know I did. But Bryce doing that... god.

"When I get ahold of Bryce Hall, I-" Larry yells, Heidi cutting him off,

"Okay, okay, kids. I know, you care about that girl, lord knows I do too. But right now, we all know threatening Bryce isn't the answer to that. She will be here soon, okay?" she looks around expectantly and we all look around, eventually nodding. "Okay, now clean this place up!"

We all quickly nod, scrambling to clean up our mess from our Postmates.

-

Rory POV

I stand in front of Dixie's door, numbly staring forward as I watch Noah knock hard on the door

I stand in front of Dixie's door, numbly staring forward as I watch Noah knock hard on the door. "Come on Dix, we're here!"

"Hold on!" We both hear James' voice ring through the door, which makes Noah sigh, looking down at me. I don't move, just stand behind him to the side and stare forward.

I can't seem to do anything else. It's like I'm short circuited, and my brain- no, my heart, can't process anything else.

Just stay awake, keep blinking, keep breathing, stay alive.

Breathe in, blink, breath out, repeat.

I hear the door click open and I jump as it swings towards us, not realizing that it's not going to hit me or Noah. He reaches over and steadies me, grimly pressing his lips together. I look down, not reacting, even though normally I would be giddily jumping forward to hug Dixie, Heidi, James, Charli, Chase, and Larray, but I can't.

"Hi Rory!" Charli says, excitedly, making me look up. I see Noah and Dixie having a silent conversation but I lock eyes with Charli. She smiles, clearly trying to read my face but I take two steps forward looking at her.