Chapter 5: Her Name Is Ji Qingying

During the gaps in his speech, Lin Haoran did not forget to look for the bar's prettiest person.

Fu Yanzhi wasn't the least bit interested in this kind of test, and he stood straight up, intending to leave.

Just as he stood up, Lin Haoran suddenly grabbed his shoulder, and with an exaggerated "wow" sound, he exclaimed, "Look over there."

Fu Yanzhi didn't even lift his eyelids, dropping his eyes to look at the hand on his shoulder and coldly said, "Let go."

Lin Haoran wasn't afraid of him. His gaze stayed on Ji Qingying and continued, "No, just take a look and let me finish this test, just one look and I will allow you to leave early."

Fu Yanzhi was annoyed by his noise and looked past him indifferently.

Unexpectedly, the two eyes met through a few booths apart.

The spotlights shifted, and the light fell on Ji Qingying's face.

It gave a clearer view of her beautiful, delicate face, frame by frame, becoming more and more striking as the lights changed in magnification.

Lin Haoran was stunned, and even the other colleagues gave a small gasp of surprise.

After a few seconds, the crowd returned to their senses.

The awestruck crowd seemed to have forgotten to count if Fu Yanzhi had stared at the girl for more than three seconds or not.

By the time Lin Haoran remembered, Fu Yanzhi had already gone to the restroom.

On the other side, Ji Qingying didn't expect him to turn his head at all.

When she locked eyes with him, she still felt the emotions in those eyes were faint, as faint as the fog that had dissolved during the early morning period.

But at the same moment, she still heard the sound of her heartbeat being amplified.

After a few seconds, she followed suit and got up from her seat.

"Where are you going?"

Chen Xinyu looked at her with a straight expression as she gawked at her, "You're not going to ask him for his phone number, are you?"

"No."

Ji Qingying stirred up her hair and stood up in an elegant manner: "I'm going to the restroom."

— Such a chance encounter.

When Ji Qingying arrived at the restroom, she didn't see Fu Yanzhi.

She raised her eyebrows and wasn't in a hurry.

By the time she emerged from within, she saw the man standing at the end of the passage.

The man's back was straight, standing there with one hand in his pocket, the other hand holding a cell phone on the phone. His voice was cold yet pleasing to the ear, and he spoke in an unhurried tone that sounded unusually comfortable.

She narrowed her eyes, pondering exactly how she would pick up the conversation without appearing cheesy.

Before she could think of anything, the man had hung up his phone and turned to her way.

Ji Qingying raised her eyes slightly surprised, her lips opened and closed, and just when she wanted to speak, Fu Yanzhi had already passed by the spot left next to her.

Not even giving her a look!

Ji Qingying blinked and looked back at the mirror in the sink, for the first time ever having some doubts about this face of hers.

Ain't I pretty?

Doesn't it look pretty?  

But the reflection in the mirror had told her very clearly that she was...

BEAUTIFUL.

You're very good-looking.

Then why didn't he even bother to look at her? 

  –

With this "grievance", Ji Qingying went back to her booths in the bar.

She didn't expect that in just a few minutes, Chen Xinyu and the others had already gotten acquainted with the people from the other side.

She stood there and blinked slightly.

Chen Xinyu was the first to notice her and shouted, "Qingying, come here quickly."

Ji Qingying was dumbfounded and only nodded, "Ok."

As soon as she walked over, Chen Xinyu enthusiastically introduced the others, "This is my best friend, Ji Qingying."

Her lips curved as she smiled, "This is Dr. Lin Haoran."

Ji Qingying didn't look at Lin Haoran but the man in front of him.

Lin Haoran had always been rather self-confident and took a cup to Ji Qingying, smiling and clinking it with her, "Hello, I'm Lin Haoran."

"Ji Qingying."