Chapter 14: Meal Money

Fu Yanzhi froze and was about to answer when the phone rang again.

He faced the other side while answering the call.

"Hello."

She didn't know what was spoken on the other side and the only thing Ji Qingying heard him say was, "I'll be right there."

After hanging up the phone, Fu Yanzhi looked at her eyes and said, "I'm sorry."

After saying that, he didn't give Ji Qingying any chance to speak and quickly disappeared within her sight.

 –

When Chen Xinyu arrived home, the house was quiet with the lights on.

She looked down at the floor and there were many crumpled up sketches.

She had a good look at the guest room door and reached out to knock on it.

"Are you asleep?"

"No."

Ji Qingying responded: "I will come out in a moment."

Chen Xinyu didn't ask too many questions and bent down to pick up the drawing on the floor to look at it.

There were designs and figure drawings.

She took a serious look at it and expressed admiration for Ji Qingying's drawing skills.

Fu Yanzhi's portrait was rather handsome.

"Why are you so late?"

Chen Xinyu looked at her sideways and sighed, "A party called me, then I can only be late!"

Ji Qingying: "..."  

"What's wrong with you?"

Chen Xinyu raised the painting in her hand: "Frustrated at Fu Yanzhi?"

Ji Qingying tugged at the paper and looked at it: "The drawing is ugly."  

Chen Xinyu giggled, patted her on the shoulder and said, "It's actually not ugly, it's still quite handsome."

She teased, "Come on tell me about it?"

Ji Qingying had only had her as an advisor so far, so naturally she knew everything.

After hearing this, Chen Xinyu patted her on the shoulder and said, "There is a long way to go, although Fu Yanzhi's rejection is obvious, but at least you already had dinner with him, so there's still a chance."