Chapter 67: School Festival

After sending Lin Haoran to the subway entrance, he drove home. 

When he was about to reach the gate of the home community, Fu Yanzhi saw a person standing nearby. 

Ji Qingying was still wearing a cheongsam as the weather was getting hotter and hotter each new day. 

And the length of her cheongsam was getting lesser and lesser. 

Ji Qingying was wearing a short cheongsam with short sleeves today. 

The color was a very light golden. The material was lace, which didn't make people feel that it was vulgar, but rather made the person wearing it appear graceful and as if they were someone different in a special kind of sense 

When the sun fell on her silhouette, it created a kind of illusory light and shadow, which looked quite exquisite and unique. 

The cheongsam fell below her knees, revealing a half-cut and even her slender calf. 

Slender, white, and fascinating. 

No one could ignore it. 

From the moment Ji Qingying appeared at the gate of the home community, many people stared at her. 

Original translation is from chichipeph.com

But she didn't bother about it much. 

It wasn't until she felt a familiar gaze that she moved her eyes away from her phone and looked at the side of the road. 

Fu Yanzhi glanced at her and whispered, "Get in the car." 

Ji Qingying put away her phone and walked towards the car. 

After getting seated, she turned to look at the person next to her. 

"You finished work quite early today." 

Fu Yanzhi glanced sideways at her, "Did you wait for a long time?" 

"No." 

Ji Qingying opened the window and looked outside before turning towards him and asking, "Can we reach there on time?" 

"We might arrive late." 

It happened to be the rush hour and the road was congested with vehicles swarming around. 

Ye Zhenzhen's school wasn't exactly in a remote suburb, but it was indeed a little bit far compared to the city center. 

Over there was the university town. 

Ji Qingying nodded and didn't speak anymore. 

She tilted her head to look out the window for a while, then turned her gaze to the person next to her. 

Fu Yanzhi was usually very focused when driving, emotionlessly staring straight ahead at the road. 

He had both his hands on the steering wheel and the afterglow of the setting sun fell obliquely, covering his hands, making them appear very shiny. 

They looked as beautiful as a rare piece of jade. 

Original translation is from chichipeph.com

After staring for a while, Ji Qingying wisely looked away when Fu Yanzhi frowned. 

She looked down at her mobile phone and stopped ogling at him. 

When the duo arrived at Ye Zhenzhen's school, the party had already begun. 

Because Fu Yanzhi was accompanying her, Ye Zhenzhen directly sent a road map to them but didn't come out to pick them up. 

After finally finding a place to park a car in the densely packed parking lot, the duo got out of the car and walked into the school. 

At that point in time, it was lively both inside and outside the school. 

The shops on both sides of the school were opened and students were going in and out. 

Ji Qingying also smelled the scent of food drifting over. 

She subconsciously licked her lower lip. 

Fu Yanzhi didn't know if it was because of her movements or because he himself was hungry. 

"Go over there." 

"What?"

Ji Qingying looked at him in genuine surprise, "Where?" 

Fu Yanzhi lifted his chin, pointed to the nearby shop, and said, "Eat something first before going in." 

Ji Qingying, "...Don't you want to go see the party first?"

Fu Yanzhi looked down at her and asked, "Aren't you hungry?"

"Yes, I'm hungry." Ji Qingying replied honestly.

 "Eat something first, then enjoy the festival." Fu Yanzhi answered and led her towards the shop.