Chapter 68: Too Closed

The shops around the school were very small but were well equipped. 

Moreover, the taste wasn't bad compared to that of a high-end restaurant. 

As both of them walked over, she glanced around and pointed to one store, "Let's eat at this one." 

She introduced it to Fu Yanzhi, "The taste is very good." 

"You used to come here often?" Fu Yanzhi who was caught off guard asked. 

Ji Qingying was startled a bit, then slowly nodded, "Yeah" and further added, "Chen Xinyu and I, and also another friend liked to come here often." 

Fu Yanzhi looked at her and nodded. 

"Let's go." 

"Okay." 

The two of them ate a bowl of wontons to fill their stomachs before they walked toward the festivities without further delay. 

The event was held in the open grounds, with a stage. Everything looked different from what would be normal for a university. 

There were a lot of people around. Besides the school students, even some people living nearby who loved to watch the excitement and even some people who had graduated recently and worked in the local area, came back when they had the time and weren't busy. 

Most people usually felt quite attached to their universities. 

When Ji Qingying and Fu Yanzhi arrived inside, they found a corner to stand. 

Although it was an empty space, it was close to the stalls set up by the students. 

They stood under the lush tree. 

She raised her head and glanced at the stage not far away and whispered, "I will send a message to Zhenzhen that we are here." 

Ye Zhenzhen was probably busy, so she directly called back after getting the text. 

"Sister Ji. Did you and my brother just arrive?" 

Ji Qingying answered feeling a little embarrassed, "I'm late." 

"It's okay, our fashion show hasn't started yet. Where are you now?" 

"Under a tree on the left side of the stage." 

Ye Zhenzhen blinked, "Under the tree, is it the lush tree?" 

Original translation is from chichipeph.com

Ji Qingying looked back at the tree and said, "Yes." 

There was silence for a few seconds, and she said, "Senior Ji if you are bored, you can take a closer look at the tree." 

Ji Qingying was stunned, "Why?" 

Ye Zhenzhen answered vaguely, "That is the wishing tree of our school." 

She further continued, "It only became popular after you graduated." 

Ji Qingying: "..."

Ye Zhenzhen said, "It is said that you can make a wish under that tree." 

She said word by word, "Especially, a wish for luck in love or marriage." 

"..."

Hanging up the phone, Ji Qingying looked back at the big tree behind her. 

She moved too quickly and attracted Fu Yanzhi's attention. 

He glanced in the direction where she turned her head towards and before he could figure anything out, the stage lights were lighted up, illuminating the area. 

He saw her red ears. 

White and powdery, round and attractive. 

Fu Yanzhi was startled and suddenly thought of some of her previous remarks. 

He casually asked, "What did Ye Zhenzhen tell you?" 

"Huh?"

Ji Qingying was still thinking deeply about the word "marriage". The more she thought about it, the hotter her face felt. 

"What?" 

Fu Yanzhi saw her dumbfounded reaction and the corners of his lips were curled, "What did she say that made your ears red?" 

Ji Qingying was surprised. 

Original translation is from chichipeph.com

Facing Fu Yanzhi's deep gaze, she subconsciously reached out and touched her ears. 

Hot. 

Her ears were hot. 

She moved her lips but couldn't find any words to reply with. 

She couldn't say that his cousin hinted that she should wish on the wishing tree they coincidentally happened to be standing under for a marriage. 

Fu Yanzhi sensed her embarrassment but didn't stop, and instead pushed forward unhurriedly. 

He glanced at her and asked slyly, "Is it inconvenient to say?" 

Ji Qingying: "..." 

He paused for a moment, bent down, and lowered his voice, "Is it still not convenient to tell me?" 

The author has something to say: 

Beauty Ji: Don't seduce me with your beauty!!! I will pull you to make a wish with me later! 

Doctor Fu: Yes?