Chapter 49: Dazzled By

Today, he was wearing a light shirt that was not quite the formal style and leaning against the wall with his long legs crossed, looking indescribably lazy.

On calm days like this, he looked so different.

But even that could be regarded as eye-catching.

Ji Qingying slowly walked over and noticed that there were a few young girls who, from time to time, glanced at Fu Yanzhi and whispered to each other.

She dawdled over and looked around, "What about the others?"

Fu Yanzhi glanced sideways at her, "Tired. Went somewhere to eat."

Ji Qingying: "..."

"Oh," she said, and her lips moved, "Then you–"

Before she could finish her sentence, Fu Yanzhi straightened up.

"Hungry or not?" he asked.

"Not really."

Ji Qingying didn't really want to eat.

"En." Fu Yanzhi affirmed then said, "Lets go."

"Where?"

Ji Qingying looked at his back.

Fu Yanzhi turned his head and glanced at her beautiful face, "Isn't there another attraction that you haven't visited yet?"

Ji Qingying was startled and smiled swiftly.

She bent her lips, and the unhappy feeling she had felt earlier in the day dissipated instantly.

"Okay."

"Shall we go then?" she said.

Fu Yanzhi said nothing.

It was another scenic spot not far away, but it still took some time to walk there.

They walked slowly, and kept a certain amount of distance without being too friendly.

Wearing a cheongsam in this place was not too obtrusive, but passers-by still looked back at them from time to time.

Probably being good looking was the problem.

Ji Qingying could only keep up with Fu Yanzhi for a while, as her pace slowly fell behind by a lot.

She was restricted because of her clothes.

She looked at his back not far away from her sight, and pondered on whether she should call out to him or not, however he had stopped.

Then he turned back.

Ji Qingying immediately walked over.

When she came to his side, she said, "Fu Yanzhi, you walk too fast."

Fu Yanzhi withdrew his sight from her person and did not bother commenting.

But after a short distance, he slowed down.

They went to the scenic spot that Ji Qingying wished to see before.

This place was an old but special building with colorful paintings decorating the walls.

Although occasionally there was some discoloration here and there, but one could still see and understand how it must have looked before aging this much.

Ji Qingying had always had a special preference for these things.

She loved vintage items, along with historical and cultural relics. Everything and anything related to that, was something that she liked.

After entering, she focused on the murals around her, and took pictures with her mobile phone from time to time.

As she looked up her eyes were glowing.

Fu Yanzhi looked over inadvertently and perceived her pretty face under his gaze.

He paused and lowered his head.

As they wandered around, she walked with her faintly discernible jade legs.

Her skin was too white.

With her fair white legs contrasting to the color of her clothes, it was hard for any person to ignore such beauty.

After she was done observing and saw whatever there was to see, Ji Qingying was satisfied.

She then turned her attention back to Fu Yanzhi, "Is there anything else that you want to see?"

Fu Yanzhi shook his head.

Ji Qingying thought for a while then said, "Then let's go."

"Ok."

The two people left and followed the same path back.

The streets on both sides of the road were still lively. Vendors selling snacks were still just as enthusiastic, grinning from ear to ear and greeting every visitor.

Fu Yanzhi kept walking for a while, but saw that the person he was with had suddenly disappeared.

He turned back and saw Ji Qingying looking at a place across the road, without moving.

Following her gaze, Fu Yanzhi frowned.

"Want to eat?"

Suddenly those words were said aloud.

Ji Qingying was taken aback and looked at him in surprise, "What?"