Chapter 44: Presumptuous Request

"Fu Yanzhi."

Fu Yanzhi glanced at her sideways and didn't seem surprised to see her there.

Because just as she had appeared he had spotted her.

"Not busy?

On the other hand Ji Qingying was quite surprised to see him, "Fortunately, I have more free time today."

Her lips bent into a smile, and like always did not miss on this chance to tease him, "Besides, work is not as important as chatting with doctor Fu."

Fu Yanzhi: "..."

He paused, looking a little overwhelmed, "You –"

"Me what?"

Ji Qingying kept staring at him with a smile.

Fu Yanzhi, "...Nothing."

He gave her a cold glance.

Ji Qingying touched her nose with a guilty conscience, pointed and said, "Would you like to go over there?"

"Okay"

They went deeper into the ruins.

The ruin here was just a piece from a previous film's shooting, later on in order to make the scene more realistic the studio didn't remove it and left it just like that.

At his feet were stones both large and small, with logs between them.

It was a complete mess.

Ji Qingying had come out of the hotel in a hurry, so she forgot that she was still wearing high heels.

Accidentally, the heel got stuck in the gap of the rubble around.

Fu Yanzhi took a few steps forward before he realized that she was not following him.

As soon as he looked back, what he saw was the picture of Ji Qingying bending over.

She was still wearing a cheongsam, and because of the restraints of her clothes, her stooping movements were particularly elegant.

The sun fell on her, leaving her reflection by the ruins.

Her posture looked like it had an unspeakable sense of beauty.

Fu Yanzhi paused for a moment before he went back.

"What's the matter?"

"My heels have gotten stuck."

Fu Yanzhi: "......"

He stared at her actions and was about to speak when a man's voice came from not far away.

"Qingying."

Ji Qingying was stupefied and surprised for a moment then turned her head towards the back.

"What's the matter?"

Jian Ping looked at them and said in a faint tone, "I have something to discuss."

Ji Qingying nodded, "Ok, I'll be right back."

With that, she looked at her feet.

"Dr. Fu, I'll take off my shoes first. Could you stand here for a moment?"

"I'm afraid I won't be able to find them when I come back later," she said quickly.

Before she had completely finished speaking', her ankles were wrapped by warm palms.

Ji Qingying was stunned.

Fu Yanzhi did not know when he squatted down, the sun fell on him, leaving a false shadow on the ground, and the good-looking and priceless hands held her ankles.

The touch of his palms seemed to spread from where he was touching to her heart.

Her heart beat so hard that she forgot what she was going to say.

"Stand still."

Ji Qingying was stupefied and suddenly regained her senses.

She looked at the man squatting in front of her, and didn't forget to take advantage of it, "I can't."

Fu Yanzhi raised his head to stare at her.

Ji Qingying lowered her gaze and looked at him and whispered, "Can I borrow your shoulder?"