Prologue

Laughing could be heard as it echoed throughout the palace walls

Laughing could be heard as it echoed throughout the palace walls. Two children chased each other, a little girl and a little boy.
"You'll never catch me!" Said the boy, running.
The girl panted over to him, "wait- ah!"

She fell to the ground with a thud and the boy stopped running to look back. The young girl sniffled as she looked at her scraped knees.
The boy walked over to her worriedly, getting on his knees. "Are you okay?"
She shot him a look. "Does it look like I'm okay?"

"Princess Yeona!"

The two children looked over to see another boy, slightly older than the two, rushing over. "Princess Yeona, are you okay?"

"I'm okay Minhyung, it hurts but it's just a little scratch."

Minhyung narrowed his eyes and turned to the other boy, raising a brow. "You caused this, didn't you?" He raised his wooden sword at him near his face.
The boy yelped, raising both of his arms up. "It was an accident!"

"Yah, Lee Minhyung, put your sword down!" Yeona exclaimed, getting up from the ground. "Donghyuck didn't do anything. Just because you're a knight in training doesn't mean you go putting your sword at everyone! He's a prince! Learn some respect."

Minhyung lowered his sword, his head hanging low. "I'm sorry Princess. I was just trying to do my job of protecting you," he muttered.
Yeona sighed, going over to Minhyung and hugging him. "I know. I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"She doesn't need you to protect her, she has me!"

The two looked over at Donghyuck in surprise.
"I'm going to make Yeona my bride, then we'll be together forever and I'll protect her at all costs!"
Minhyung scrunched his nose. "That's only if she agrees to being your bride-"

"Are you serious Hyuck?" Yeona asked excitingly. Minhyung looked at her in shock, his mouth hanging open.
"Dead serious, my love," he answered triumphly. "We'll be together forever!"

Donghyuck grabbed both of Yeona's hands, staring deep into her eyes. "I promise."

"