1.18

"Thank you, Your Highness! Please come again!"

She smiled, walking through the door of Jeno and Jaemin's bakery as Minhyung followed behind.
Yeona reached her hand into the bag, pulling out a pastry. "Here's your watermelon tart."

Minhyung's eyes lit up and immediately grabbing the sweet treat, taking a bite. "Thanks!"
She chuckled, "of course."

"But, what's the special occasion?" He said through a mouthful of food. "You usually don't get pastries on the weekends."

"Oh." She avoided her eyes from Minhyung's and shrugged, "I don't know. I just felt like it today."
He nodded. "So, back to the palace then?"

"I actually want to stop by the medicine shop."

Minhyung furrowed his brows, "why? Are you okay?"
Yeona smiled and nodded. "I am. It's just that my stomach has been feeling a bit unwell. So I want to get some of the tea my mother used to give me when I had the same problem. I'm sure I can find it at the shop."

"Oh alright then. Let's go-"

"No need!" She quickly said which made Minhyung tilt his head in confusion. Yeona nervously smiled, "I was actually thinking you could get our horses for us first and then meet me there."

"Okay... Are you sure you'll be alright?"

"Yes, don't worry. Just be quick!"

He gave her a small smile. "Alright, I'll see you in a bit then."

The queen watched Minhyung walk away out of sight before turning around and hurriedly walked to the medicine shop. As she opened the door, a bell chimed.

A young man walked through a doorframe from the right side corner before taking his place behind the counter. His eyes widened as he saw who his customer was and immediately bowed. "Your Highness!"

"Huang Renjun," she chuckled. "Please, call me Yeona. No need for the formalities here, we're old friends of course."

Renjun stood up and clasped his hands together. "Ah, right, well- what can I do for you today?"
Yeona walked towards him, her eyes scanning around the shop and windows, making sure that no one was around.

She leaned in towards him over the counter. "I need your strongest poison," she said in a hushed voice. "Maybe one that won't cause a lot of pain."

Renjun's eyes widened. "Yeona, I can't-"

"I know but," she looked into his eyes. "As your queen, as a friend, please do this for me. I'll make sure that the consequences won't affect you since they'll be searching for who gave me the poison."

He pursed his lips, looking at the queen and thought deeply. He sighed before walking through the side doorway into the backroom. A few minutes later, he came back with a small bottle.

He placed it on the counter and Yeona reached a hand out. But before she could get a hold of it, Renjun snatched it away. "One drop," he looked at her with stern eyes. "One drop will do just fine- for whatever you're planning to do with this."

She nodded and reached into the pocket of her dress, taking out a few gold coins.
"Please," Renjun said, shaking his head. "No need. It is a favor for an old friend after all," he smiled.

"Thank you." Yeona took the small vile and dipped her head at Renjun before heading out the door.

"There you are! I was starting to get worried."

Yeona tucked the bottle away in her dress before giving the knight in front of her a smile. "I'm alive! Safe and sound."

He chuckled. "You'd better be. Let's go home now."

"