1.08

It was another morning and the princess was getting ready for the day

It was another morning and the princess was getting ready for the day. Yeona smiled to herself and danced around the room, recalling the events with Prince Haechan the night before.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Come in."

Minhyung entered her room and took one look at her. "Well someone is happy."
She smiled at him and made her way to the bedroom balcony. "What ever do you mean, good sir?"

He followed and stood next to her as the two looked down at the servants tending to the royal garden. "I mean the you and Prince Haechan last night at the ball. You know, almost all the kingdoms saw how you both danced together."

She smiled dreamily. "Oh, but it was just a simple dance."
Minhyung chuckled. "Please, Yeona- you humor me. I saw the way he looked at you that night."

"And that was?"

The knight turned to look at her. "Like he was in love."

Yeona was left speechless as memories running through the empty castle halls flashed through her head; faintless whispers and secrets shared together that night under the bright moonlight and stars.

He held out a letter to her.
"What's this?" She asked, grabbing a hold of it. "Oh for heavens sake don't let it be Prince Yuta again."

Minhyung laughed. "I assure you it's not. I will see you after breakfast, Yeona."

She watched Minhyung leave her room before looking down at the letter. Her fingers felt the rough paper of the envelope and turned it around to open it. Yeona's eyes slightly widened as she recognized the crest indented into the wax seal.
She opened the envelope, unfolding the letter that was held inside.

My Love,

Please meet me tonight at eight o'clock in your palace's royal garden. I hope to see you there.

                                            From,
                                            Donghyuck

Yeona furrowed her brows and looked down at the garden from the balcony. "How is he meant to get past the guards at that hour?"
She pursed her lips and shrugged, pushing the thought aside as she walked away from the balcony and out of her room.

After breakfast, Yeona carried out her princess duties- accompanied with Minhyung of course. By the end of the day she was exhausted, and all she wanted to do was rest in her bed.

"Goodnight Yeona," Minhyung said, closing her bedroom doors.
She plopped face first onto her bed. "Goodnight," she mumbled through the sheets.

Yeona stayed in that position for a few minutes before lifting her head and gasping. She looked at the clock. 7:28.

She got up from her bed and hurriedly took off her dress, heading into the shower. After her shower she dried her hair the best she could and slipped on a simple, silk night gown.
By the time she was finished the time was 7:54 and she hurriedly scurried to the royal garden.

Yeona carefully looked around, making sure that no one saw her wandering around outside this late at night. The bright moonlight provided enough light to see where she was going and she eventually came to a small bench.

She sat on the bench, taking in a deep breathe of the crisp night air. Small fireflies flew around creating a beautiful sight and the sound of a hooting owl in the distance could be heard. She smiled at the beauty of it all.

All of a sudden, she heard rustling and she sharply turned her head; eyes widening as the feeling of fear started to rise within her. She was about to run away when she saw Haechan jump over a hedge, tumbling to the floor and to her feet.

He looked up at her from the ground and gave a sheepish smile. "Hello, love."

Haechan got up from the ground, dusting the dirt from his clothing before clearing his throat. "I had to uh, take another route to avoid the guards."

Yeona chuckled in amusement. "I can see that."

He blushed in embarrassment and took a seat next to the princess, looking at the garden.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Yeona said, looking at the view before her.
Haechan looked at her and studied her face features. "It is," he breathed.
She turned and looked at him, blushing as she realized that his eyes were on her.

Yeona's smile slowly faded away, her face turning into a soft, worried expression. "Why did you tell me to meet you here, Hyuck?"

He sighed, looking up to the starry night sky. "I have a lot to say."

"And I'm always here to listen."

Donghyuck teared his eyes from the sky and looked at her, his gaze turning more serious. "What if I told you I wanted us to run away together?"

 "What if I told you I wanted us to run away together?"